Saturday, March 15, 2008

Today: Tour de Gainesville

Well, the tour would of been great, had I not lost my one life line. I had my instructions and they were clear, follow the dude with the goodbike jersey and the blue helmet.

Well, I think I could of done it, but I got caught in bottlenecks and next thing I know dude was gone. I tried to go for it and use the map, but for me it ended up being useless.

Thank god for my edge 205, I asked it to take me back to start and I followed the little arrow till I made it back to my truck, pretty neat.

Since It was early still, I went ahead and drove to the Landbridge trailhead and rode out to Nayl's and did that whole thing.

Nothing makes you feel more out of shape then a 32 X 17 29er and some legs that need to be come accustomed to single speeding. Finished the day with 30 miles wish it would have been 64.


Regardless enjoy the pics,
What would I do without TOM TOM
Classic Stoic Look, you cant buy this folks you got to be born with this!
Ride Start, lots of people. I wonder how many didnt finish due to lostness..
Big Group doing the zig zag!
Yes, strange as it may seem a Tree house in the woods!
I believe the sign says welcome to flamer land?
Wow, Im hauling ass and going nowhere fasts!
EDGE 205 in action taking me back to the start.
Artistic shot, all shots from today via camera phone, how handy!

Laters,

LOS

3 comments:

EL SandPine said...

We have definetely gotten our money's worth with the Edge. I have also used it toget back when I've gotten lost. I went throu Nayl's around 10-11 on the OMBA FTF Epic ride. We almost cross paths.

Karlos said...

Almost! Tsali for sure, were you going to stay at?

Unknown said...

Too bad you got lost man, even with that map it was easy to do if you lost the wheel of someone who knew their way. Heck I know most of those trails and still got lost twice during the day!
Also, I didn't catch his name but there was another dude in the TdG training for the divide.