Monday, June 13, 2011

ThE RuN of THe CoYoTe

Round these parts out here in the wild wild west, they have these fellows that run in the night called coyotes.





These fellas are not related to Harriett Tubman, nor is this an Underground Railroad. From what I hear, they are pretty awful people, but personally I have never met a Coyote.





BUT, I am the Naked Indian, the Singletrack Samurai, to me a Coyote means something else all together.





To me there is a lot of spiritual power in the medicine of the Coyote. To me it symbolizes the spiritual energy of the first leg of my journey.

And my Journey did not start with an ill fated bus ride. IN fact, if my journey begins at 1, then the bus ride is negative 10 all leading up to these unfortunate turn of events.

Monday, after calling greyhound to check on my tracer they said, its best I fill out a claim as they know nothing. I called the Local Office, just grasping at straws, and found out that my bike had showed. Minus the front wheel.

I updated the world, calls, texts, status updates and then took off like a bullet for the bike shop. At the bike shop they put me in Contact with Jeff Reese who not only loaned me a wheel to use, but also re Stans it and gave me a ride to the Corre Camino Bus service that gave me a lift back to Lordsburg for $2.50.

In Lordsburg I recovered my bike, began putting it together, only to discover that I was missing a pedal. It must have fallen out of the box. So crisis not adverted. Its awesome to be a part of such a supportive cycling community.

That morning I had received an email Greg Houston, owner, operator and creative mastermind behind f3-designs.com , who offered me an entire bikepacking kit, bags, everything to get going. This is the kind of community I am a part of, a complete stranger, who came of knowing of my existence through this Blog, wanted to help. Amazing.

After trying to contact the person who Jeff had set up for me to stay in Lordsburg, I was unsuccessful and needed a physical address as matters where time sensitive so I broke down and got another Hotel Room at the Comfort Inn.

As it stands, Edith sent me the cargo net I was missing. Chris Plesko sent me the pedals I needed. I called Lloyd, local Antelope Wells Shuttle runner, and he will be taking me to the start today, around 5pm, with an 8pm expected start time.

Like the Coyote, I will ride into the night. Eluding the Sun, finding the cool weather, and riding all night long, right into Silver City, where I will camp, restock, then Roll again towards Pie Town, chipping away at New Mexico, until finally its behind me. O, when will be that be, Hopefully before the end of the weekend.

I will post when I can, and update you from the trail as much as possible. If your not my friend on facebook, just look for me, facebook.com/singletracksamurai.

Take Care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

2 comments:

Darrinw2001 said...

Stay safe and keep us updated!

Robert said...

Watching your blue dot move!