Monday, September 26, 2005

I Love the TASTE and It TASTE GOOD!!


Take a good look at my face. Do you see that, that is the face of a determined Beast of a man on the attack. What you see right there is ME, In the lead of my race for the first time ever. Behind me, you see one of my fellow team mates Jason. For the first time ever in my life, I got to taste and feel what it felt like to be number one. What it felt like to be the TOP DOG. And I tell you what I love the taste and it felt good, so good. Good enough to leave me wanting more. What was different you ask? Well, a very important person in my life lent me a book to read. And after reading that book I discovered something extremely powerful. The power of putting your words into action. I made a mental and verbal plan that day and I stuck to it to a very successful performance. The second best performance of my racing career and the best performance I have had in 2005. From the start of the race I jumped out in front and did a super tight moto x move to snake the competition and box them out right before the beginning of the tight and twisty single track. From there we had one man ahead of us that I literally started talking smack to, in an effort to move him out of the way. And right as rain, it worked. Soon we were all alone my team mate and I, when he took off to chase down a first place finish and he got it and I was happy about it. I was doing well myself, but had a little handlebar tangle that left me dismounted off my bike, and then a lil scrub of the front tire and an overshot turn put me in the same spot two more times. But in the end at the very end, I caught two more people and sprinted to a very nice 6th place finish. Now that I have tasted it, I am addicted and I want to do it again. Till next race, let the racers beware, cause I'm hunting for that number one spot.

No comments: