Tuesday, July 24, 2007

ORAMM 2007

Quick summary for those who don’t want to read the whole thing:

I finished it and had tons of fun.

Credits:

First and Foremost I have to thank Paloma for taking such good care of me during the race.

Next is my sponsor Bikeworks Orlando, especially Brian for all the countless hours of technical support he provided to me.

Next are all the people from the Forum (Luis, Lima, Ron, Jamie, Greg, Ted, Nuccio, Harvey, and the Texas crew, JJ, Brad, Ben, Brad and Steve) for just being so super cool, nice and genuine over the weekend. It’s good to know people that are so sincere.

Enormous thanks to Bob and Sarah from the Friendship Lodge. They do a spectacular job and making you feel at home and welcome.

Honorable Mentions:

That 29er I.F. Dude Harlan crushes the record and doesn’t get the extra payout? Ridiculous…4:50 something minutes.

Harvey, smokes his entire class, knew he would, less than six hours I believe.

Osias (fellow Bikeworks trail tech) smoked it his first time under 6 hours.

Chad (fellow Bikeworks trail tech) smoked it under 7. Quite an achievement considering last year he did in 10 plus hours.

Luis beats Ron by twenty minutes, both under 8 hours.

Everyone else finished as well. Don’t remember there exact times but they all finished faster then I did.

Overall: It’s an easy ride; I thought it was a piece of cake. And if last year I would have know what I had left, I would have finished it single speed. However, this course will definitely teach you a lesson in hardcore skills if you step up with the intent of riding it as fast as you can. The climbs and course are all doable, obviously, but doing it at race effort or attempted race effort is what elevates the difficulty to the epic proportions it possesses.

Well folks that’s it, that’s the short version. The blow by blow will be up tomorrow.

No comments: