Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Daddy Day weekend 2007








Daddy day 2007 was the best I have had in years. I decided in this post to give a lil introduction to the rest of my clan as well as tell the tale of my Daddy day weekend.
First is a pic of the love of my life. Paloma, which translates into dove in english, is a beautiful soul that I had the chance to meet in 05. As quick as we met we fell for one another and have literally been together ever since.
Were part Brady bunch but the my three sons version. I have my two boys Kain and Kailan which are pictured above with my arms around and then my beautiful bronze baby that she brought to our family named Gabriel.
It goes without saying that we have a lot of fun around the house. As well, we have our fair share of headaches, anyone who has brothers can immediately understand.
Paloma is the Hub of the family that keeps the wheel turning. For five years I was a single dad. Try training, working full time and running a house and you quickly discover somethings got to give. And often the bike time was the time I had to sacrifice as well as it should have been. But, with my girls assistance I am able to finally breathe, among other things.
Kain, my oldest son is 13 and a real firecracker. As a youngin he used to race the Goneriding circuit and was even the state champion in his division. A genius in school that was spared the benefit of having common sense, my only hope is that he turns out to be the best he can be. He doesn't ride his bike anymore which is a tiny Lil heart break, but he rides his skateboard an awful lot, which I don't mind, considering I didn't touch a bicycle till I was 27.
Kailan, is seven years old, and truly an old soul. The only kid I know that will ask for hot sauce with his eggs, wants to drink my coffee and if I turn my head will steal my beer. As I kid, I never had a taste for any of those things. When I see him, I am reminded about the beauty of humanity and the blessing we have in our individuality. Truly a fun loving guy, out of all my kids he is voted most likely to be a hardcore roadie. He has been known to knock out 30 plus miles on his modified single speed bmx, the kid is no joke when it comes to the long haul. I have a route in Deltona that we ride with seven big climbs and he sticks every one, dancing on the pedals like Lance Armstrong.
Gabriel, is my Lil powerhouse. Smart, tough, reliant and very independent, he is going to be a forced to be reckoned with once I get him in the trails. The kid is almost as big as my seven year old and is half his age. I cant wait to see him grow up and blossom cause he is truly a talent in more ways then one.
Daddy day, was typical, with dinner and a viewing of fantastic four, which I liked. The day before my wife and I went for a ride thru some back country dirt roads and we had a total blast. I am finally able to share the first official pic of the "bitch" which already, at the current set up, weighs less then my 05 season MTB fetish bike. Its riding like a dream and I cant wait to crush the ORAAM in July.
Well, I hope all the daddies out there enjoyed their days as much as I did. What can I say, I'm a lucky and blessed man in more ways then one.
Enjoy!

No comments: