Friday, September 14, 2007

O My, how they've Grown, Congrats Daddy, Time for an Upgrade.



This picture is all the way back from 2005. Kain on the right was state champion for Florida in the 6 to 8 division. Won a couple of races with a broken arm.

Well my prayers run deep that the legacy will continue and it seems it will. My Son Kain is dedicated to his skateboarding as was I in my youth. My Son Kailan as of last week updated to Kain's Old race bike which is a bad ass little S works with all the trimmings. I am taking it up to the shop to add some dual control shifters hoping it will make it easier for his delicate fingers to trigger the shifting mechanisms on his bike. Plus I can take the carbon fiber brake levers and throw them on my single speed build. Gabriel, who knocked out 4 miles at Reddick over the last weekend, is now upgrading to a full 20 inch BMX with a 32 tooth ring so he can do the long rides. In fact just today we did a tough little 8.5 mile route and Gabriel hung in there the whole way at a 8 mph pace with climbs; not too shabby for a four year old. He had two spooky wrecks cause he has not mastered brake levers as of yet. But, he is most promising and I'm looking forward to taking them out for more and more rides. Great timing considering how many miles I have to ramp up for in the next month.


Stay tuned for the new build pics coming very, very, soon...

No comments: