Sunday, September 16, 2007

Ride Report

Well, I completed the Unification ride today. It took me 5.5 hours and covered 60 plus miles. I did it all on my SS 29 and it was a pretty mellow affair. The bike has a 32 X 20 gear set up which was fine in the single track but nothing on the road even on the climbs. I felt like I was teaching a spin class after a couple of hours.
The bike feels real good as well. Just needs a longer seat posts and I believe I have one in the garage. Because I rode with a seat post that was an inch or two too short, my ass is a Lil chapped at the moment. O well, what can you do. I also noticed my front wheel is seriously out of true so I will get that fixed tomorrow.
Other then that sweet ride, just not going to ride it on the road ever again. I kept wishing I was on the bitch and hoping I could mash some gears to pick up the speed, off road the new set up should be perfect. Plan on testing it thoroughly at the secret trail on Wednesday.

Laters....

No comments: