Sunday, October 31, 2010

AFteRMaTh

I have SOoooO Been meaning to get back to the daily act of writing.

I like to write, but life has been a handful lately, to the point that I don't want to dwell o n it.

Today's post subject, and I have quite a few to catch up on, so if all goes well expect a good week of blogging.

I would say that its official.

What is official? Well I think calling myself an Ultra Endurance Racer is truth. I have proven that I can compete in the long events and even do well.

BUT, what I have discovered is that it is punishing on the body in ways you could not imagine.

For Example.

After the Trans North Georgia, although my legs didn't swell up like some of my fellow racers. I did have two numb toes and that lasted for about a month.

After the Cross Florida Individual Time Trial this year, I still have some fingers that remain numb from the race and even ended up peeing blood due to riding too long with an empty bladder.

Finally the skin on my sit bones died and peeled off and my ass is so scarred from the TNGA bout with hives and from Saddle sores that I can pretty much kiss my possible and imaginary career in adult film goodbye.

Still, I cant resist the urge to go pedal for hours and days on end and I still see more on the horizon.

It's officially my off season and I am converting the fixie war machine into a single speed war machine and just spending alot of time bikepacking and having fun, tis the season after all.

The Black Beauty is still as dirty as the day that I finished the TNGA waiting to be dismantled and being sent to the painter so that I can someday ride that same bad ass bike from Canada to Mexico.

Speaking off, seems like Life may get in the way of me making that challenge in 2011, but I really see some changes on the horizon so who knows maybe I can turn the tide and still ride the divide.

Short, brief post, but tomorrow there will be more.

Take Care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: