Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Re YouNiON

20 years ago I graduated High school.

Somehow I missed my first reunion. But this year, I got on the ball, and because of magical things like Social Networking I was able to be aware of the event and I made it.

I was really interested and curious in seeing how everyone was doing.

I thought for sure that everyone was going to be a hot mess and that the years would not have been kind on them. Quite the Contrary as me and my wing man for the night arrived at Rt 46, everyone looked great. Amazingly great.

Sure there were a couple of folks in there that were a mess, but for the most part some people didn't look a day different since the graduation happened.

I drank, and drank, and chatted and danced, and had fun. Got to see some girls I had crushes on and was confessed about Crushes upon, who would of thunk.

As a teen I was obsessed with skateboarding and I had plenty of girlfriends, but none in my class, it was difficult. By the time we got to high school it seems that they had all chose to click up whilst I clicked solo with a few friends here and there. Interesting how even back then I kept it simple when it came to my associations.

That Saturday I mounted the road bike for the first time in months since I had to let my bladder heal, I could not attend the Catch 22.

I rode to Deleon Springs, beautiful ride, beautiful place, really enjoyed myself. Visited with a Friend and then rode back to meet up with the bus. I didn't want to over do it, since I was supposed to be recovering from the previous weekends 180 mile effort.

Life is funny, and I continue to try and figure out exactly wtf the great creator is trying to teach me. Believe me great creator my eyes are wide shut.

That night I went to a party and stuck around just to watch the drama. It was supposed to be an "80's" party, but hardly no one participated which I thought was lame. So I ate, drank and watched people interact and interacted myself.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw and experienced. But remain even more curious about how all this plays into my current state in life. Without a doubt in the past year or so my life has changed a ton, and I continue to search for understanding amongst it all. I think I am getting close.

Take Care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: