Tuesday, November 16, 2010

MaKinG BiKe PeDaL

I saw it like a gleam of glass in the distant mountain range.

An Opportunity to go ride San Felasco with some of my Favorite Mountain Bikers, all in one place.

SO I seized it.

And thus it was on the First morning of the First Real Cold day in Florida, I met up with Rob Roberts, Mucaro MTB dot blogspot dot com and Afro Nipples.

Ya, I know I said I was breaking the War Machine.
(breaking it meaning, turning into a coastie single speed)
But I had "conveniently" not found the time to do it.

That day all I had is my fixie, who cares, its just a bike. I doubled up on my wool layers to combat the effects of the 37 degree chill. I was so happy to be hanging out with Robbee Rob, that I couldn't stop chatting, and talking.

Eventually, Mucaro MTB dot blog spot dot com shows up with Blond Afro.

As it seems to be the tradition of the clown like nature of Blond Afro. He took forever to get ready and I swear at one point he started installing brakes from scratch.

Not mechanical either,

Hydraulic.

Eventually, we were rolling only to hear B.A. comment on the needing of a nature break.

It was no real matter, I was happy to see them, and Blond Afro always makes me laugh so hard.
The pace was brisk right off the bat.
I was tired, man I had pulled one of my favorite moves and stayed up super late hanging out with a friend, barely slept and worked a LONG Hard Week. I was FEEEEEEEEEELING IT..( have I made enough excuses yet)
But I kept up. Spin spin spin, down down down, climb climb climb, pedal pedal pedal. Tech stuff, great switch backs, I was having a blast. I couldn't really keep their wheel, but I didn't care.
After more miles, I lost contact.
It was weird.
They kind of forgot, LMAO.
But I kept going.
Eventually passing the same exact sign 3 times.
I called Rob left him a voice mail.
I kept going, and then realized, I needed to start using my gps to figure out my navigational errors.

I did, it helped, I needed to kind of go NORTHWEST.
LMAO.
NORTHWEST.

I saw off in the distance, that there was a neighborhood, that I could, worst case scenario, get into and use google maps to get back to Alachua.

Rob Called.
I told him I am pretty sure I could get back to the lot on my own. I still wanted to ride.

So I did, I came a cross a guy, never got his name, followed him till I recognized where I was, and then just hammered my way along turning on every sign that said parking lot.

I got to the lot ahead of the others.

Great.

It was freaking chilly, but my 3 hours of sleep dictated some sort of napping. So I did a little here and there.

The guys showed up, they found Conquistador, which I really wanted to ride.

25 miles for me, 33 for them. We all had a great time.

Take Care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: