Monday, November 05, 2007

Holloween 2007!

I raced home after finishing my work related duties scooped up my eldest son Kain from school and headed straight to Wal Mart to pick up some last minute Halloween supplies.

The list was simple, Glow sticks and hopefully some ugly mask. Well I scored the glow sticks, but no ugly mask to wear for me.

Got home and prepared the fleet for the evening rounds of trick or treating. Costumes and glow stick laced wheels, plus free candy is an unbeatable combination. Paloma, my wife, was riding the Fetish, Kain the Monocog, Gabriel his 16inch Giant, Kailan his BMX Diamond Back and daddy on the Mamasita.

Kailan was dressed as a vampire.
Gabriel was Optimus Prime.
Paloma, a commuting cyclist.
Me, Modern day Geronimo.
Kain, a punky teenager.

Two glow sticks on each wheel and glow string necklaces for the boys for added visibility. The plan was to park the bikes at a central location where they could hit two or three houses for trick or treating. Well, the plan worked great and we were the talk of the neighborhood as our glow stick laden wheels lit up the night.

We hit as many houses as we could until the boys were complaining that their pumpkin tricking and treating baskets were too heavy.

Paloma had suggested we pedal 1 mile up to the pizza shop and enjoy some fine Italian Dining. The food was great and the laughs were a plenty. We mounted up to ride home and were greeted by a nice late Halloween rain shower.

It was fun and exciting to ride as a family thru the rain. It was an excellent evening and a great experience. I spent the entire time just appreciating the wonderful blessings I have in being able to enjoy such wonderful experiences with my family together on bicycles.

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday as much as I did.

till next time,

Laters....

No comments: