Sunday, January 27, 2008

GrabbagBlogtastic!!!

I decided to call this posts by said title for the simple reason that its a bunch of things in one. Mostly pictures, some "about the ride shots", some shots from the pow wow I attended the day after Ididaride.

Bummer week for me. I got a nasty cold and had to work ridiculous long hours whilst toting said cold, that by the time the weekend came and my opportunity arose to go hammer and put the smack down for six hours at the Lagarto race, I opted to skip it. Its funny what happens when your wants and your needs conflict. I wanted to go put the smack down on the competition, but my body needed to rest after being sick all week and then pulling two long 18 hour endurance cable days in a row. Ridiculous.

Regardless, I'm super pumped for Mike, Jeremy and Dave who all went out there and put the smack down in my absence. Brilliant ride gentleman!

Today, I took my Surly Cross Check, for a brisk, dare I say it, Road ride. My first time back on the bike since the Ididaride and my first time back on that bike since March of 2007 I'm guessing. Ya, the fit felt good, but I need to get a longer stem for sure, and I need some road cranks. So if there is anyone out there that wants to donate a poor cyclist some road cranks, holla at your boy.

Without further delay, PICTURE DUMP BITCHES!!!!


I like to take pictures of the average person, living life by bike, this guy here is a staple in West Volusia. Rumour is that the county gave him a house for all his good Samaritan trash picking up he does all over the county and all by bicycle. Its hard to tell by the pictures, but he was pulling all these Garbage Cans uphill.

Any good Indian should ask himself this question at least once a day!

Hoop Dancers are to Pow Wow's like Freeriders are to Mountain Biking.

Fancy Dancers.

The Start of the Ceremonies for the day and the competition always begins with Grand Entry.



I caught this super modified steed at the side of the Coffee shop. Dude Carries his Lap top on this wooden plank with the Bungees.


Till Next time, Enjoy!

Laters,
LOS

No comments: