Saturday, January 01, 2011

HoPPy NU YeaR....

What does the beginning of a New Year mean to you?

Obviously its a chance to start a new, but to me, its the day my son was born and that holds a higher meaning then watching ball drops.

To me, my new year begins on the day after my birthday, cause to me, that is when I complete my annual voyage around the son on this rock that we call Earth.

BUT, its a tradition for people to party and I party, cause like I said, I started my Life Long Journey into FatherHood on the New Year.

I wanted to go pedal pedal, but instead, I wanted to spend the day with Kailan, Shelby, Edward and Edith. I wanted to swing by the shop, prep my bike with a 15 tooth cog, get some haircuts for the boys, see a 1$ movie and then head home to party.

Well, the shop was a fail, it closed early. The haircuts went off without a hitch. The movie had was fun, and then the ride home was a blast. It seems like when you put that many kids together, its chaos.

Regardless, back in the town of Deleon, we cooked, we drank, we laughed and had fun. Midnight rolled around and I had the most unique New Years experience ever. In my Neighborhood they shoot endless fireworks when he ball drops. In Deleon Springs Florida, they shoot guns. And lots of them. Sounded like a ten minute war of gun fire, big ones, little ones, automatic and semi automatic, sprinkled with pops and zips of actual fireworks. I had never had the pleasure of hearing such a symphony and was amazed by the experience.

We stayed up late, talking and laughing. Kailan and Edward lit the New Year Fire and it was built perfect, and bright and so so warm. We sat out there talking for a few more hours and then eventually after the drinks ran out and the conversation slowed down we all laid down to a new years sleep.

I had a lot of favorite moments that night. But the only one I am willing to share, happened early New years morning, when Kailan and I were sitting with our butts to the Earth, close to the fire, I turned to him, shook his hand and thanked him for being such a good fellow adventurer this year.

He smiled and shook my hand back thanking me in return.

Take Care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: