Monday, October 08, 2007

Third Stop From the Florida State Championship series: Jaksonville Hanna Park.

This was Kain's first race in years. We have joked it would be cool for him to race in skate shoes and a bmx helmet shirtless and see how many xc hardcore guys he could beat. Well they didn't allow the shirtless thing, but he did real well finishing 8th beating half the field.
This was Kailan's first race ever on a 26in wheeled MTB. He has a sweet ride handed down from his brother. Specialized s works with all the best stuff I could afford to put on it. He finished 7th and rode with a strong spirit the entire race.
I honestly believed Gabriel would win his race since he is such a powerhouse on all the rides we go on. This is after all a four year old that has done 12 mile road rides under his own power at 8mph avg speed. I don't even think he understood it was a race and still managed 6th place.
I just love how fast he looks here on his single speed!
Kai looks so focused he passed the girl you barely see on the screen left.
Gabriel enjoying the sites cause, he wasn't really racing I don't think
I included video clips of all their starts, they all started great, that's for darn sure!



Me I'm happy I didn't race. Truth be told, I'm not in the points race, my focus is the 12 hour race I have coming up on the 27th and then its back to base miles with my eyes on the 6 hours of carter or the 12 hours of razorback next, whichever comes first. I admire everyone who went out there and did battle especially Kain. He did the best he has ever done in a race and I think its cause he has improved his skateboarding, which has in turn made him a better technical rider.

The rest of team bike works cleaned house:

Brian Hastings: xc3 40-49 2nd place
Sean Wallace: xc2 19-29 2nd place
Tony Deal: xc3 30-39 6th place
Osias Lozano: xc1 19-29/pro 10th place
Chad Bobbitt Jr: 9 to 11 kids 8th place
Alexis Bobbitt: 6 t0 11 kids 10th place
Kailan Tai Rodriguez: 6 to 8 kids 7th place
Kain Rodriguez: xc-J 11 to 14 8th place
Gabriel Cruz: 3 to 5 kids 6th place

And that's it for the finishers. See ya guys at Gainesville maybe, if not I will keep you posted on my latest misadventures.

till next time, stay smooth and stay fast!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

FIRST......

Unknown said...

Just kidding, looks good an all the posts are awesome and the boys are doing great....