Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Episode 1: Truth is Stranger Than Fiction

I went to a party this weekend. A real party, with a beer tub and tons of people I haven't seen or spent time with in years.

That is not the strange part.

I got to do a make up thanksgiving dinner with my brother William and his family. My brother is an amazing fellow and a huge influence on my life. He is also a commercial airline pilot and he had to work for the holiday so it was nice to chill and relax. I rode my bike over to at least get some miles in. It wasn't enough.

But, that is not the strange part.

Early Sunday, I slept in. Was planning to go to the last race of the series, but felt very guilty about waking my poor Lil wife up super early on her day off when she gets up at 4 am everyday of the week as it is. So I skipped the race and the ride and just spent Q.T. time with her.

OK, still not the strange part.

That Sunday evening, we visited some friends hung out and relaxed. My friend told me that his Uncle, spends a good amount of free time, filling out Lil forms for every single contest and giveaway he can find. He says he remembers as a kid, spending hours over his house just filling out entry forms. Consequently, the dude wins free stuff all the time and all types of free stuff.

That IS stranger than fiction.

Amazing.

No comments: