Monday, December 10, 2007

Time to Get L.O.S.T.



I am planning to do four 100 mile races next year. And I am in the process of preparing myself. Which means, lots and lots of miles and hours and hours of saddle time.

While scouring the net for a ride that would provide 100 plus miles of terrain with some off road and road mixed, I came across a link to the Lake Okeechobee scenic trail aka L.O.S.T.

Since my discovery, I have been planning and preparing for the 110 mile circumnavigational trip around the biggest lake in Florida.

This Saturday the 15Th, I will undertake the trip.

I bought a sweet Handlebar bag to experiment with for the trip. I plan to take my camelbak and freeze the night before 2 bottles of Gatorade for a variety of drinks. According to the map, there should be water every 20 miles or so.

On my Mamasita, I plan to put some touring/cross tires I have that are super slick. I was a lil concerned they would give me trouble in the dirt, but I remembered how I used to ride my road bike on dirt roads all the time and this is supposed to be shell based double track and pretty hard packed.

I will fill you in with photos and a report once my mission is completed.

Laters...

No comments: