Wednesday, November 05, 2008

HaLLoWeeN!!!!

Our family has a tradition.  On Halloween we dress up, we put glow sticks on our wheels, lights on our bike and hit the neigborhood to trick and treat.  This year, since I discovered the Cemetary trails, we decided to add a little ride in the woods on our way to have our traditional end of ride pizza.
Let me introduce you to Indian Jones, the Native Version.  Instead of exploring ancient native cultures, he studies contemporary american culture.
This is Anakin Skywalker, minus the darkside.
As we rode around we found the spirit was thick in the air, these people had a full on bon fire in front of their house.  The feeling was different, there were more people out, but I don't know there was something in the air.  Something I could not quite put my finger on.  People who had their lights off were taking treaters, and then there were people with lights on that were not taking treaters.  And better yet, they have their house all decorated, but not giving out candy.  Just very inconsistent.
Me, well I had to dress up and keep it budget, so I am either the Indian Jason or the Cholo version of the Casey Jones from the Ninja Turtles cartoon!  I had my helmet on my gloves and and the war machine, good times.  So as to not blind people we kept our lights off, I only turned them on when a car was coming, some bastards where driving way too fast and I almost had to chase one of them down to show them my Halloween fist of fury.
Its cool what comes out when you take pictures in low light conditions.
The bird was dressed as trouble and she sure was, Hmmm My warrior princess is yummy!
Anakin on his S works Speeder, check out the effect the spinning glow sticks put in the picture.
This was the best part, one man decorated his yard and literally built a haunted house, it was AWESOME.  So Awesome that I went and shook his hand afterwards and told him how great I thought it was.  Real nice guy, very impressive and creative and best of all it was all free.



Ladies and Gentleman, this is how you secure your bikes when you forget your lock.  You stack them up in a pile that would crumble at the first grab of a thief.  And you sit close to the window and watch like a hawk.  The trail ride was a blast, Gabriel Aka Indiana Jones, didn't have that much fun though and ate it in two corners.  But at the end, when I out loud sounded out the Indiana Jones theme it made him stand up and hammer, kids and their imaginations are the best!
Here they are patiently waiting for their food. It felt like it took forever, but the pizza tasted so GOOD!


Ya the pizza took to long and Indy fell asleep!



This is the last  shot, he was done eating, dressed up again and ready to head home.  It was a great time and the best Halloween we ever had. I say the "haunted cemetery trail ride" is a new tradition to add to our repertoire.  I'm so lucky to have some cool trails and off road stuff to ride, right out my front door.

Enjoy,
Laters,
LOS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for an awesome Halloween babe. you sure do know how to show us a good time. Haunted trail ride was sweet!!

EL SandPine said...

kool pic... cholo version of that guy from ninja turtles fo'sure..

Treadlight said...

Beautiful family.
LOL on the bike lock.

BTW Casey Jones, on his attempt to cover all sports, did not include skateboarding ;) but the turtles did.