Thursday, November 13, 2008

SpOnTaNeOuS ComBusTioN!!!

Life. The ultimate trapping that I have discovered thus far in my 36 years is finding a way to escape the routine. The older you get, the more you become obsessed and trapped in routine. Probably a left over survival tactic, routine can lead to staleness and staleness can lead to complacency.
A week ago from this past Sunday the wife and I headed over to Bikeworks Orlando. Wanted to get the road bikes tuned up and set up bring em back and take them for a ride around town. Interestingly enough half way up to our destination we get a call from my friend Trevor, who tells us about the Beer Bomb Bicycle Tour going on that afternoon. The premise is simple. A bunch of like minded people on bicycle get together, the organizer sets up drink specials at each bar and you ride and drink till the party ends. Sounded like a hell of a good time, but neither of us had left the house with the intention to ride. Regardless, in the spirit of Spontaneity, we went for it. We hit the bike shop, fixed the bikes, fit the road bike for the bird, this was going to be her first road bike and ride. Erik, Let me borrow some pimp ass flat pedals and we took some other flat pedals from the junk drawer and it was ON. We went and had lunch at Panera, by then the troops were rolling and already at the first bar. WE finished eating and drove up to the Start of the Cady way trail in Orlando. There we met with Carol, Trevor's wife. The plan was to ride over to the first spot.

I like the bikes, they are nice together.
LOL, we didn't plan to ride, but we still looked good and as I tell people all the time, 80% of bicycle riding is looking cool.
Riding and photographing, that's what I like to do.
The bird riding a road bike for the first time, once again a natural.
After a slight miscalculation in route, we were told to make our way to Eola park for the second stop of the tour. So a quick 4 mile ride and boom we were at the park. It was a nice ride along the way.





We get to the bar and discover all these bikes out front. Wow, this event was popular. We went inside and grabbed a couple of beers and not long after it was time to roll to the next spot.
When I took this picture I asked her to say the word Sanjiyah and make a look to go with it.
Carol and the Bird getting ready to roll out.
30 bikes were there, but we were late comers so we had to improvise.
As we rode, it turned from light to dark and we made our way down the Cobble Stone streets. The route choice was perfect no traffic cool roads. We get to the next stop and low and behold they had Pizza. We eat Pizza and drink some more. Right after stop two I was WAYYYYY Drunk.



We end up at some BAR and there was a Punk/rock type band playing, I was acting crazy doing imitation slam dancing. I will be the first to admit I had drank way too much, I was trashed but having fun. After this stop we hit the last where we drank more and hung out more and eventually made our way home. The next day I had to get up and be at work by 630am, boy did that suck. I was hurting all day but I made it through. I will be at the next one, and I will post up when it is, I encourage every0ne local or far to join the fun. Spontanaity IS the spice of LIFE!
Enjoy,
Laters,
LOS

1 comment:

Treadlight said...

....great perspective!!!