Thursday, November 20, 2008

RoAd TriP

My Wife and I are rolling out Saturday early. The mission, self supported bike tour to Apopka. Spend the night, then ride Hilly Lake county the next day home.

Should be good times.

The route will be mostly bike paths and urban singletrack(sidewalk in my speak), on Day one and on Day two mostly hilly roads.
I will be the Pack mule and carrying all of our clothing and supplies for our two day trip. The weather should be perfect to a little chilly luckily I have enough cold weather clothing to cover us both.
I will use my rear pack and my Ergon BD1(just for clothing) and we will ride out. An essential element of a good tour is destinations, preferrable somewhere you have never been.
This is stop 1:

Lake Jessup, were gonna explore just what there is to see at the end of this road. Hopefully we will find a nice spot to sit and chat and enjoy the sun for a little while.
Then we plan to do Lunch, hopefully find a place that offers food and beer which is good carbs for long rides. That plaza should have something, if not we will stomp around till we do find something.
Not long after a couple of good climbs later we will be at our destination, so we plan to maybe hit the movies and catch a flick.

Day 2, even more exciting, check back tomorrow for some Sattellite photos of that intended route.

Whats the point of all this? I guess to share what goes into my ride planning and the methods behind it, maybe encouragement for everyone to get out there and explore, you would be surprise the adventures you can have right out the front door without the burden of driving.

Enjoy,
Laters,
LOS

2 comments:

RickySilk said...

I'm getting jealous of your adventure rides.

You're inspiring me though... I've got a route simmering in the back of my brain.

Anonymous said...

It's gonna be SWEET!!!!!!