Monday, December 28, 2009

ThIS HeAdS NoT BiG EnoUgH foR the Two OF us!


Wow. Tug of war up inside my cranium.

Trying to find peace in all of the perceived chaos my universe has crumbled too.

Seems simple at time. Others, I am left puzzled and perplexed and downright miserable.

This weekend was interesting. Although in my mind I wanted to ride, my heart was not in it. Did 10 rain drenched miles Christmas day and found excuses the rest of the weekend to not ride.

Took out the fixie machine, damn 42 x 17 is a hard gear but relatively easy to maintain a 16mph avg, not alot of effort to achieve that.

BUT man, did it make me sore, in weird places. At one point almost went over the bars when I forgot it I couldn't coast and it majik jaked me into the sickest nose wheelie I have done in a long time.

Part of me wants to find focus in preparing for the Huracan ITT and the Pisgah 36. I am so Leary of cold and wet and yet I am going to sign up to do just that. Do you sleep during the Pisgah 36? I better, cause I get sleepy sometimes. Man, that race is gonna be tough. The logistics are blowing my mind and I am choosing to ignore it and focus instead on the prep.

Whats the prep? New technology and lots of cold rides till I find that the cold doesn't bother me. I somehow need to make sure I tech up, on a budget. Gosh, why does on a budget have to be part of something so crucial as not freezing to death. And snow? I suspect there will be snow. Never ever ridden in Snow, I guess I will slap on my fattest tires, them being the Panaracer Rampages and hope for the best.

Wow, the first time I will get to experience snow will be in that race, along with freezing cold conditions. Preparation is gonna be essential.

The year is coming to a close and I am wanting 2010 to be better than last year. Seems like my head is on right and my mind is moving in the right direction. Seems like I am getting better up in my head space. Accepting some realities, establishing new agreements and truths.

O what challenges lay in my path.

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

2 comments:

bikechain said...

Funny. I hate being cold. May ne worth checking out Bass Pro Shops for house brand gear. A lot of hunting gear is adpatable.

Karlos said...

indeed, thats how I know my hands are covered I bought a pair of wool huting mits at walmart for 8$. They are kick ass. Cause they are short finger with a removable mitten flap that just goes back. So while riding, I can MITT my fingers, then when stopping and needing finger tips I just peel back the mitt and it velcros to the top of the hand, ingenious, LOL.