Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Im OffiCiaLLy ANNouNcinG My PoSSiBLe DeMiSE

Such is my Fate.
I am feeling quite spry lately.

Feeling like its time to do something I said I would never do again.

Feeling like its time to push the limits of what I CAN DO on a bike.
At approximately 6am on Saturday May 29Th, 2010 I will roll out on the Fixed Gear War Machine to take a Crack at the Fixed Gear Individual Time Trial Record for the course.

Basically, as long as I can finish it and stay within the prescribed rules the title is mines. I have to be done by Monday as I have work on Tuesday. I have every single belief that it will be painful. I have every single belief that my bum will be chapped when its all said and done.

BUT, I want to do this, nah nix that, I got to do this.
In Life, sometimes through torture we can experience true pleasure, maybe its the therapeutic release from the ordeal, who knows. I have no quit in my heart, I am well aware that on day 2 when I remount the bike my legs maybe toasted, I fully expect that.

I have every intention of going all the way and then some.
How can you be involved??? Well of course send your positive vibes my way as I do what I can to challenge the very limits of what may very well be possible for a person who is pedaling a bicycle that cannot coast. I will have a GPS tracker active during the trip so that you can see the tiny dot move along the course. I cannot guarantee that it will function, but at least you will have something to look at. I will also cast videos on my blog, on the SSP main site and on my Facebook and the SSP Facebook site, hopefully testing the possibilities of all that here in the next couple of days. I want to basically take all the videos and eventually slap them together to make a small documentary of sorts. After all, its hard to ride a bike for a long distance. Its even harder to do said ride under your own support with no vehicles or drops for supplies or anything of the sort. Even more difficult to do it on a fixed gear bicycle. This is after all a mostly off road route and it is after all 300 miles.
SO, best case scenario I plan to be done sometime early Monday morning. Worst Case scenario sometime early or mid day Monday. I hope it rains as the heat will be a factor. Weather is a part of the Huracan, last time Cold and Rain played a factor, this time Heat and Rain will play a factor, I can only go out and do my best, stay moving and stay positive, letting my shear passion carry me through this ordeal.
I like to dedicate big rides. So this ride is Dedicated to the Women I Love. You know who You are, you know how much you mean to me. One way or another, it is because of these two women that I love deeply that I am where I am today and I have the ability to do what I am going to do. This effort is in dedication to you. I hope to tap into your collective energy to conquer this challenge.
I have some things to prove to myself before I throw the hat in for the Tour Divide, and this my friends is at the top of the list for me, to complete the Eye of The Huracan Route, on a one geared Fixed bicycle.

Wish me Luck, better yet, wish me perseverance and strength,

Take care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

2 comments:

Luis G. said...

May The Shred be with you...

Unknown said...

I always wish you the best of luck, strength, and courage in all that you do. You can do anything you put your mind to. Luv ya bunches!!