Tuesday, May 18, 2010

O GooGLe

So I have been meaning to try Google's bike route ever since it came out and I mapped it. Even went thru the meticulous task of tracing it on a map so I could load it on to my Etrex.

The short review from me, Google get's a THUMBS UP!

The route was fun, Longer by my original route by about 3 miles, but way more scenic and interesting.

I rode thru several small neighborhoods, never once fearing for my life or thinking, damn, where the hell am I, better not stop. Saw interesting people and other riders, and beautiful scenery and nature. Even had to bushwack a little as the route takes me thru a gated community that has a pedestrian access on one side, but not on the other, requiring me to off road a little and renegade attack the hedges.

Yesterday I rode the Fat Tire Fixed Gear home, good times, didn't want to over do it, and rode the Surly Cross Check Geared bike to work.

Still took it easy on both rides, and ended up with almost identical moving averages. Why do I ride a geared bike anyhow??? I want to commute to work tomorrow, but alas, I was stuck in the middle ring on the damn geared bike all the way here cause somehow the front derailleur is all out of wack. Front derailleurs might as well be my Kryptonite cause I have no idea how they work or how to adjust them, I will attempt here shortly to do something, apparently there is a major malfunction as the derailleur in its highest setting is not even clearing the big ring.

O well, I could go to the shop but I have been there so much lately, may not have a choice as this needs attention.

Ok, well, I got the HURACAN on my mind as I officially will go ITT the route on the 29th of May with hopes of coming away with a new record, at the very least finishing and surviving it. I want to do the Tour Divide in 2011, but I need to put myself thru several successful ordeals first and prove to myself that I got what it takes to do it, thus the reason I am trying to bike to work as much as possible. Maybe I will just ride the fixie in tomorrow again and just leave super early, we will just have to see.

Take care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: