Monday, May 11, 2009

ExTenDed ReView Part TWO: EpIc RiDe ReSeArCh MoUnTaIn BiKe FeedBaG



Rarely do you get to find or use a product that keeps surprising you like this Mountain bike Feedbag by Epic Ride Research.

I am constantly on the search to be able to feed while I move. No matter whether its a long ride or a short ride, if I need to eat, I want to stay moving to do it. In twisty track or technically demanding trails, it can be quite the feat and chore to have to reach in your jersey pocket one handed or to have to stop and get into your hydration pack, just to score a snack. This handy dandy little device prevents the need for any of that.

I have been using this feedbag on Every ride I take, simply because of the versatility it provides. The main compartment allows you to put LOTS of food in there, and the outer meshes serve great purposes as well. While riding in Pisgah, I carried a multi tool in there, a swiss army knife, my map, some nut bars, arm warmers and a huge bag of cashews.

During the race, I had the Bulk of my food stashed in my frame pack and would pull out Items I wanted to eat and on the fly, while rolling, put them in my Feedbag to consume at any given moment. I dont ever plan or feel the need to stuff my jersey pockets as long as I have one of these. Not only does it give me quick access to my food, but it also gives me access without interference to any of my bikepack bags when bikepacking or when riding techincal trails. It simply does what its suppossed to do and does it very well.

So well, that I upped my purchase and I now have one for both the left and the right and I even got the Bird one so she can experience what is the convenience of having things handy.

Who is this product for?

Anyone who rides, for any amount of time. Even on short rides what you would normally put in your jersey pockets you can instead have right in front of you in your line of sight. Long distance and Endurance riders or even people who's main deal is to huck the planet, even you can benefit for having all of these things handy and at your finger tips. The function is ingenius and it allows you to access food and things with one hand. You cant really ask for more from a particular product.

What do I recommend?

That you order one ASAP. Click the link on my side bar as Epic Ride Research is not only a product I use and believe in, but they also Support the Naked Indian Rides the Divide Initiative.

Laters,

LOS

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Karlos, That's exactly what I need for my longer rides. How does it secure to the bike? Does it move around much?

Karlos said...

check the website for a detail explanation, it uses a 3 point system, secures to the stem the bar and the fork. It does not move around at all, you dont even notice it once you get used to it.

Unknown said...

Damn, for $30 I'll definitley have to get one. Thanks for the review!

Rob Roberts said...

Ride the Divide.... I dig it. I like the bag too.... might just have to get me one.

Unknown said...

that a sierra nevada in there? mmm