Tuesday, May 26, 2009

HeLLO....SoMeONe TooK a LiTTLe BloGcAtiON

Wow, I got lots to write about so OFF I GO.....

Two weeks ago before this Past Monday, I was talking my usual smackalicious talk on the SWAMP forum when I threw down the need for a ride on the Sacred/Spiritual/Secluded/Super Trail system known as Jimmy Cotton's trail. I kept it all a secret, from the ride, to the hook up, but I think now I can speak about it.

I loved it. Reminded me of Razorback. Good and Technical and very Anaerobic which is something the body just needs from time to time. My ride there had been the first I had done in two weeks following PMBAR but still fun nonetheless. Jimmy and all the people I rode with as always, the nicest people you could ever meet, very generous and very polite. Jimmy and crew have done an excellent job of putting together their own slice of heaven or hell if your out of shape and lack skills.

That next Saturday The Bird and I met up with Rob and Dawn and Matt and His wife for a couples ride. Not what I pictured, I thought we were all gonna ride together, but instead it turned into a yellow, to blues to red party for the men and My wife somehow out riding her companions and us launching a search party, only to discover she made it back to the car with no problems. After we had dinner and drinks, and then the Roberts were kind enough to offer a place to crash. Next day we got up hung out some more then went home. Great weekend.

The week was spent me wondering and pondering and thinking about how I was gonna do the class. I had NEVER done a class on anything MTB related, but I had been thinking about doing this class for a long time. I thought, tons of classes on riding techniques, but no classes on crashing techniques or how to avoid crashing techniques. Overall, from the feedback I received from the group it turned out to be a really good class.

We got out to Alafia River State Park Late on a Friday eve. Set up, hung out and then crashed till I got up 5 hours later to prepare for the class. The class didn't start on time, but everyone eventually showed and the show was put on. I am going to type up my Crashing manifesto and email it to all the participants. If anyone who was not there would like a copy, just pay pal me $10 bucks and I will send you a copy as well.

The highlight of the class for me was the Over the Bars Step out demo. I had done it many times while riding, but never in real life have I demoed it. So I did a couple of warm ups around the group, clipped in, got some speed, hit the brakes and showed them how to step out of an Over the bar scenario. THATS PROFESSIONAL FOLKS!!!

Later that evening, we met up with Mr. and Mrs. Mucaro, Harvey and Maria, Mike and his Imaginary girlfriend and, Jonathan and his Southern Belle. WE went to a Thai restaurant that I absolutely love called Sweet Basil Thai or Thai Sweet Basil, had a kick ass dinner with drinks and then the get together continued at Luis house. It was so much fun and so many laughs. Come Sunday morning though I was not in the mood to ride. We went and watched Angels and Demons (wait for DVD) had some Taco Nazo and then headed back to Deltona.

Monday was pretty much, sleep, get up, eat, get the kids, sleep, help with a school project and then off to work on Tuesday on my regular schedule.

I didnt get to ride much this weekend, which was a bummer, but the company, the Laughs and good times more than make up for it.

What's on my mind, well I got my ITT attempt on the 20th of June that I want to set a Blazing time for, so I am about a month out with plenty of time to make sure I tune the engine perfectly to run, run, run.

As well, I have been wanting to get another cross bike, but decided since I got the war machine laying around that I am gonna build it up as a single/fixie Monster Cross bike, that build, should not take long at all since I got all the parts for it. I want it to be 38 x 20 though so tonight I got to scour the parts box.

My entire month of June, every weekend is planned out, so I will be busy but lots of Fun activities, June 13th I got the Big O ride, June 20th ITT, and then the weekend after, the BAADR Santos Family Camping Trip. Maybe in July I can do another class, if anyone would like to see a class on a particular subject would love to hear from you, if not, I will just go with whatever I want.

Thats it, I think I officially caught everyone up, stay tuned as I will be back now to my daily updates of blogs, thoughts and regular tom foolery,

Laters,

LOS

4 comments:

Darrin Wilson said...

Thanks again Karlos for coming over and teaching the class! All who I talked to who took it said they learned a few things and they all enjoyed it.. We all look forward to the Santos trip!

Karlos said...

It was my pleasure, thanks for the opportunity!

Rob Roberts said...

Sandy - Matt's wife's name is Sandy. :P

Karlos said...

LOL, right the only name I left out, How embarassing!