Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ViSiOnS OF MoNsTerCroSS DaNCe In My HeAD....

That's pretty much all I can think about today.

There is something that I love about a bike that can go anywhere and do anything. Thus the reason I love Cross bikes and 29ers the universality and versatility of it all.

I got that War Machine laying around, and sooner than later it will be the Single Speed MonsterCross.

What is a MonsterCross? From what I understand it, its a 29er set up with off road drop bars for the purpose of racing or riding in a cross like manner.

I got a Delicious cross bike, my cross check which I love to death. BUT, I would like to do some Crossy bike tours with the Bird and having one Cross bike negates the possibilities.

So after some daydreaming, I thought, why not slap some cross tires, and a moustache bar on my War Machine, set it up 38 x 20 and BAMN single speed fixie cross.

Got to love it~~!!

Pics will come once the bike is built up.

Laters,

LOS

1 comment:

RickySilk said...

sounds good. plus with the mtb cross setup you can run fatter tires for the sand. On my poprad I can only run up to 35 on the rear. Maybe 38 if it's not very knobby.