Monday, November 09, 2009

2010 The NaKeD InDiaN RiDe JaNuArY 2nd

For a moment I contemplated not even doing the ride.

Mainly cause I am pretty focused on getting things ready for the Eye of the Huracan Race and then I got the SSAR right after, wow, I'm getting busy...

BUT, its a down home good feeling fun ride and I didn't want to disappoint, plus maybe some new folks will come out and fell the fun of riding a bunch of stuff put together in a conglomerate of swift kick in your ass.

The ride will be extremely informal this year. Basically if you want to participate all you got to do is show up at the start ready to roll by 10 am.

201 Howland Blvd
Deltona, FL 32738

You put that little address right up there in your GPS. You enter the Wal Mart Parking lot from the Howland Blvd side and then hang the first right and drive to the back and park.

Again, keeping it informal, afterwards we will hit a Place called Scorpio's for food and drink not even 5 minutes from the park, we can drive there or pedal there.

Again after, if anyone feels they would be a danger to themselves and other, I offer up my backyard for camping.

Again, all very informal, but fun nonetheless. I don't even know if anyone will show, but I would love for more people to come this year than last year.

The route will pretty much be the same, I will go out and catch a FRESH gpx of the route and will email it to those who express interest in having such information so that they may program it into their GPS unit and have some good ole fashion fun.

I will be glad to personally guide you on the route however, but It will not be marked, save for the marks that never came down from last year. SO, if you can manage my horrible pace you never ever have to worry about where your going.

For those that are unaware, the route is a mix of Urban singletrack, singletrack, double track, dirt roads, technical jeep roads, ATV track, Road, bike path, witch towns, private roads, powerline trails, fence hopping and pristine no trespassing sings. If you are one who fears this type of mix then that's cool the price of admission should keep you home. BUT for those that have come before and enjoyed it will want to come again. For those that DNF'd last year, this is your chance at redemption.

This is the very first and one of the coolest of the SingleTrack Samurai Productions. It offers a no stress ride that is easy to bail out on if you get stuck. It is self supported but plenty of water and food along the route, AND there will be a Photo Scavenger hunt for the Sacred NK 2010 Trophy. Mike Kanning Killed it last year and he will probably come back and KILL IT again.

Regardless, if you want the GPX file when they become available sometime in December, email me nakedindian at singletrack samurai dot com. That way I can put you on the NK Ride GPX mailing list.

BUT, it will be very informal, if you plan to follow me, just show up, it will work that way.

Ok....

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: