Wednesday, July 14, 2010

BAcK

So Yesterday I took off towards Cassadega again. This time I went in the way I came out the last time I discovered the new dirty stuff around the Sand Lake Area.

Went in, followed the Technical Jeep road around got on to some single track followed my instinct and ended up by the lake. Rode more double track to the Wolf Pack Trail Connector and rode that into Old enterprise road, towards the Cassadega Hotel, where I sat and ate the fruit I brought with me. Then pedaled on home via the Naked Indian Route.

Good Little ride, felt great.

Today, I had to run errands and at the same time wanted to get in some miles. So I took off towards the bank. Got my last ten dollars, went and picked up some stuff I needed then pedaled towards Old Mill road towards some dirty roads back on to the Wolf Pack run trail. This time I decided to explore and off shoot trail. Followed it till the end, then back tracked to a turn that took me right back to the main Wolf Pack trail. Definitely more good stuff to add to the 2011 Indian ride. Guarantee the 2011 Indian will have the most singletrack its ever had. Lot's of Fun.

I rode onto DeLand, sat at the Coffee shop had a Latte and rode back into the storm that I had been riding in. It's all good, every scenario counts. Today I decided to just take the road all the way home via the old route I used to take before I discovered all the dirt alternates. I got into my Freddies and didn't get out of them till I got home. Nice Little ride. Tomorrow I hope to go out and do a long ride, if I could only get out the door early. I admit I have been nerding out on the Tour and the Mountain stages, I like the Mountain stages. I suspect they are out of the mountains so now I can carry on withe some early riding.

Friday I go back to work and start a new. I took a little break and it felt good to rest. I needed it, been so fringed lately. The legs are feeling good and although my average speed is up, I have been taking it easy.

Yesterday while riding on Ranch Road, I noticed a car that had passed me on the pavement. It was having to pick its way through the muddy dirty road. Immediately the Cannibal in me awoke and I sped up, chased it down and passed it.

Today I did the same thing with a UPS truck. It actually fought back and not even 5 seconds after it passed me I chased it down and passed it back as it was stopping for another delivery. I cant seem to find any cyclist to consume so Vehicles will have to do.

I have been finding lots of fresh dirt to add to the Indian, pretty exciting, already thinking about how I will loop it together.

Last night as well, I put together the initial TransFlorida from my house to the coast. We are going to roll late on the 23rd, depending on how Rob wants to do it, push through the forest, then camp in Eureka. Next morning, roll into Santos for hot food, then clean up at the camp ground and hit the Tour De France Party that Starts at 5pm at greenway cycles. Should be a good time. So I will be packing some extra stuff anticipating the party. The next morning we will get up and finish the route, should be a lot of fun. I will most likely bring my hammock since this will be a fun rides so no minimalist travel. I think what will determine if we cross the forest on the 23rd or not is the rain. If the forest road are wet, I think we will wait for the morning for them to dry out. If they are dry, then we wont chance it and ride through the night while the temps are cool. The route also takes the St Francis Paisley wagon trail which is a Hike a bike at times. I figured it would be good practice to push the bikes since we are hitting the TNGA in a couple of weeks.

Of course Rob and I still got to discuss all this, we may want to camp at Buck Lake and enjoy the evening, or Camp at the Old Area where St Francis used to be see if we encounter any ghost. Either way I am game.


Take care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: