Thursday, July 01, 2010

O, There you ARe.. .ItS U....AlmOsT diDnt ReKoGnize U

I read this on someone's Not to be named social networking sites status update and it really stuck with me.

Now this is not an exact quote but you get the Jist of it. Life is Lived forwards, but understood backwards.
So, often, like most Humans, I reflect. Sometimes its pleasurable, others its painful. Admittedly I have obsessed about training this month, and I still don't feel I am at optimal capacity for my training but I am doing better than I ever had. Now that today starts a new month I am looking forward to reaching an even higher level of physical prowess. I am enjoying the preparation for the race so much that I would hardly consider it training. Regardless, the month of June kicked off with a brisk 225 miles, preceded by a week of commuting and a steady month of commuting and weekend riding all added up to close to 700 miles by the months end.In those 700 miles I cramped once. A good chunk of those 700 miles were dirty. In those 700 miles I got one Saddle Sore. Dammit. I decided that I wanted to move my Brooks Saddle to the Black Beauty. Reason being that although it did not prevent any Saddle Sores on my Fixed Huracan, it did prevent sore sit bones which I experience when I ride anything longer than 120 plus miles. SO, I moved the saddle and it took way longer then I anticipated to tune the fit. And in the process of tuning the fit, an old friend returned, the Taintable stictch spot saddle sore. Dont want to get to TMI with everyone, but I like doing non descript descriptions. All Men have boys. Well from the Boys down there is a Stitch line that leads to the Largest Waste removal spot of the body, on that very stitch, Mr. Saddle Sore appeared.

I am not even wanting to get saddle sores, so I am on a serious how to avoid saddle sore plan. Nothing has worked but I am finally going to try some PRO stuff. But, since this sore returned in an exact same spot that I had from the Huracan attempt, I decided that I would try something pretty radical and I modified my brooks after the Imperial. Basically the same saddle with a LOVE CUTOUT.
I went to the crafts store, bought some string, got back to my job and made the mods. I started by first outlining the cut out spot after staring at pictures of an imperial for an hour or so. Then I cut it. Then made holes on the side, laced it, mounted it, checked the level, then laced it up tight. Sat down, and felt where my Stitch saddle sore is and discovered that it now sits right over the spot that is absent of leather now, aka the LOVE Channel.
Will it work? Don't know, but considering I only paid $30 for my Brooks Saddle I figured I had nothing to lose.

July as you all know has nothing but miles planned and My Okeechobee rematch is now been rescheduled to the 16th. So, I will drive straight from work to the lake, loop it, then drive home, I need to sleigh this Dragon.

As well, I made a mistake on the Transflorida Mapping it is going down on the 24th. So, check your list, make a note, do what you got to do, if you want to be there Holler at your boy.

Okeechobee is boring, but its more a test of mental fortitude then it is the miles. 120 miles is really not that difficult, but pedaling flat into headwind for that long IS.

ALSO, Saturday morning, 8am, RiverBend Park in Jupiter. YOU want to ride with the Indian. You want to ride with the Singletrack Samurai and ROB Roberts HURACAN WORLD CHAMPION. Come on then bring it. I looked at the Satellite pictures of where we are starting from, Hell I could map out a ride now if they don't got one, LOL.

SHRED PLEASE.

Take care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

1 comment:

Donnie Harries said...

Karlos I really want to ride with you sometime soon. I really think next year I will be doing alot of Bike Packing. Keep up the riding and writing, I really look forward to reading your blog.

Donnie