Thursday, December 11, 2008

MeNu....

Attention tortured readers forced to read this blog.
If you care, this is the calories I will take on the trip.
If you care not, Ok, thats fine.

First lets start with a little math.

I expect 10 hours of total ride time.
300 calories an hour for ten hours is 3000 calories.
Easy right. Even though I think my current set up is not light. Its lighter than panniers any day of the week and its nimble.
My house will be on the front of the bike, in my handlebar bag, Henessey Hammock and sleeping bag.
My clothing and toiletries jammed pack in my rear pack.
My food and water on my back, just in case, if anything happens, that BD2 and I are partners for life. I did not get a water filter in time, but I have scouted several water holes, plus I have a number. That's right a number, whats yours?
What is the number. Its the number of miles you can ride without a drink.
Me, in Florida at night with a full moon and a chill, thats 30 miles.
Whats your number?
Anyhow, I have Paisley, Alexander springs campground, Buck Lake, Farles Lake, some houses on Sharpes Ferry road and a guard house close to my "Campground", as spots with access to drinking water. Regardless, I will be prepared for the "unexpected".

Here is what I got for food:

300 calories

2560 calories
1040 calories
880
920

Mathemagic that all together = 5700

Ya, I am gonna have left overs.

Enjoy,
Laters,
LOS

5 comments:

mksandoz said...

menu looks good! wish i was riding with you man!!!

EL SandPine said...

10 hrs ride time but what about the non ride time? You'll ned some food for that. I guess that is where that chicken chili will come in. So hopefully those 2k extras will come in handy.

Karlos said...

LOL, Restaurants baby!

Anonymous said...

You never put up the pic of our Earth's natural "Gatorade".

COCONUT WATER!!!

With FIVE essential electrolytes and more potassium than a BANANA! No added sugars, no chemicals and no preservatives! You gonna get a lil calcium, phosphorus and magnesium too!

The Creator is good to us!
Love you babe!

Unknown said...

Interesting eats!