Friday, December 19, 2008

StOnEd ImMaCuLaTe: ThE DLt WrItE Up PaRt 2

Once I rolled into Santos, the weather was perfect. The sun was out, it wasn't too hot, it wasn't too cold.

I had not had any real breakfast and had considered stopping at a place to eat, but I didn't want to eat junk food so Instead I ate the Organic Chicken Chili I had, grabbed a brew and ate while the first group from my team went out for a lap.

While they were gone, one of our Junior team members, Alexis, wanted to head over to the pump track area. Alexis is Seven and asked me to go with her, Wendy our only Adult Female racer and her Mother, told me to stay with her till she was with her brother.

So I rode the pump track and was intrigued by the weak feeling that I was having deep in my leg muscles. I guess riding 79 miles may had been having some impact on me. The pump track is fun, but I was sure getting tired. Eventually, while watching Alexis ride around, I started chatting it up with people here and there. Kind of waiting for her brother, he finally showed and I headed back to the campground to meet up with the team.

We regrouped and went out and did a lap of the race course. Fun stuff, cleaned it all, but I was really tired by the end of it. I guess the accumulated miles were indeed taking their toll. I took mental inventory for that, since in the GDR I will have to do back to back dirty hundies.

The night ended with a kick ass dinner and Olive Garden where I ate a huge steak and vegetables, then a big old fire at the campground. Warrior Princess showed up around 1130pm and we set up camp and settled in together.

I slept SOooo Good that night, got up late, then we went to IHOP for breakfast and then came back and suited up to watch the remaining of the racing. Finished the races, it was awesome to see everyone riding and working so hard and having so much fun and seeing them celebrate their personal victories!

The bird and I hit the trails and rode all the yellows on the Santos side and all the yellow and blues on the Vortex side and then headed back. I was coaching the bird and helping her develop her cornering skills, it was very fun and once gain the Bird proved that she has some serious Natural bike handling Talent.

We ended the day by getting showered up and heading to the Banquet. The Banquet was great fun, it was nice seeing everyone and shaking hands and socializing, I really do miss the XC race circuit and I am glad to see that Goneriding is still doing well. What they have done for the racing community cannot be measured, they truly belong in the Florida Hall of Fame. Just think how many great racers have grown into the sport locally and how many people went national or onto Endurance racing that got their start in Goneriding.

A great weekend, a great ride, with great people. When I reflect I feel so blessed. I spoke to some people I had never met before, got a lot of compliment and had lots of discussions based on the going Primal nutritional strategy I follow.

I was on such a high, that I could only describe my self image of the weekend and my accomplishments as feeling like I was Stoned Immaculate...

Enjoy,
Laters,
LOS

No comments: