Monday, December 29, 2008

NaKeD InDiAn RiDe UpDaTeS

I want to post up on here to make sure that everyone gets the information before this coming Saturday's ride.

Just rode the course Saturday. All is in good condition. there are about 3 or 4 areas about 100 ft long or less each with deep sand that you will have to hike.

My friend did it with me for the first time, we got the mileage somewhere around 55 miles.

Be advised, out of those 55 miles 25 to 30 of it is dirt roads, double track, bike path and some singletrack. I dont want anyone coming with the expectation that this is an all off road ride.

This is most of all a tour and something I came up with cause I was tired of doing just road miles.

The other 20 to 25 miles are backroads, major roads and sidewalk, so, I just want to make sure that everyone that comes has a good level of expectation for what they will experience.

It is a very nice route and it covers 5 major towns. So you will have the chance to see many things...

As well... There is no longer a sprint race. Seems there are too many super fast mo fo's coming. So the sprint race has changed to a points race, easter egg fashion. Some points you will be able to sprint for, some you will have to keep your eyes peeled. At each point that has an opportunity for a score, there will be balloons, with numbers in them. You will have to not only retrieve the balloon but pop it as well and get and keep the number. At the end ride, the person with the most balloons will win the coveted NK ride Trophy #1.

any questions just ask, updates will keep coming as the week progresses. The course is about 35% marked, so more marking will go on this week.


Update 2: Bring a bundle of wood if your planning at staying for the Naked Indian Ride Fatty Festival. I have wood, but it may burn quick and lord knows how long everyone will be staying up and hanging out.

We will have a VERY DETAILED riders meeting Saturday Morning at 9am. I would like everyone to come before then and sign in so I can keep track of the bodies that will be out on course.
As a friendly reminder, this is a self supported ride. Please make sure you have supplies to survive on course. It will be marked and I will brief everyone day off the color markers used. I did give a map out, print and do what you must, study the route.

Technically there is no SAG WAGON. So once your smoked, make sure you still got about 20 miles left in you OR take a break and continue on route. There is really no one to pick you up if you feel you cannot make the distance. I will give out my number at the start of the ride and your free to call me and I can see what I can do to get you a ride, but I cant make any guarantees.

Stay tuned for more updates.

O bring chairs.

Laters,
LOS

No comments: