Friday, January 15, 2010

VienteYNueve


Sitting around a campfire a year or two ago, I engaged in an argument with several team mates. An argument of which got heated....

I was a rebel back then. Trying to preach the good word. Trying to show everyone the power, the talent and the sheer ferocity of something I believed in.

I wanted everyone to join the revolution. I wanted everyone to experience the benefits I experienced.

I even made bold predictions. In 2 years, ain't no one gonna be using that old technology.

WELL, I was wrong. Its been 2 years, and it seems to have tapered off. Those that appreciate the old tech are still on the old tech. And all the teasing and arguing didn't prove a thing or make any difference.

Do I still think its better. Yes. Do I still think that it has obvious advantages and benefits. YES. Do I argue about it anymore, NO.

Truth be told, If I was to tour south of the border I would probably have to use the old technology. From the countless blogs I have read, that's all you can pretty much find. You can buy that tech in wal mart in a pinch to get out of trouble.

SO, being the true warrior I am, I have no fear in admitting when I was mistaken. No fear at all. It is the character of a truly good person that can admit his mistakes and short comings.

So I was wrong.

It didn't catch on.

But I still love what I got when I roll with mines.

Take care,

The NaKeD InDiaN

2 comments:

Treadlight said...

Only in Florida that its not catching on. Up here no one is surprise if you ride 29er, single speed and rigid though the fixie is still up there.

BIGWORM said...

It's all about the tool for the Job, Indian. I rode my two9 at Felasco, but in truly, tight, technical trail, the kiddie wheels change direction alot faster. I say keep a quiver of two wheeled friends, and choose the joy for the day ahead.

Btw, I looked for the flowing locks, but never saw ya. Maybe we'll cross paths another day.

Peace