Wednesday, March 10, 2010

CrAvInGs

Lately it seems that I have had so many of them. Both spiritual and physical. Both from sustenance and contact.

I been eye balling this weekends race, the Squiggy 6 hour. Years ago when I had a fever for longer rides and challenges, I did a series of 6 hour races and decided that I wanted to do a 12, did a 12 and then I was pretty much over riding 60 to 90 miles and still ending up in the same place you started.
Sounds so funny, but its so true. The squiggy was a race that I was very curious about. Mostly cause I cut my teeth in Mountain biking with weekend suffer and torture fest in Snowhill road trails that was a technical rooty adventure party. So Naturally, I was curious as to how I would do in a long race in a similar environment.
I'm also coming off a long dirty ride and my last two rides I felt pretty strong, so I'm wondering, as my good friend Rob Roberts asked, can I hammer for 6 hours straight?

What is my apprehension. Well, I got an issue with my car that needs attention Saturday morning, but with much hustle and bustle I could shift that around. I also, and more importantly don't have a person to feed me. Not to be stuck up, but one of my new year resolutions was to race to win, not race just to race. I am well aware that there will be some fast racers in the solo class, but remember I am a technical wizard, that does go along way. So in order to be competitive I would need someone that could follow my specific feed regimen and keep up with my to the letter feeding requirements and most of all wants to do it out of the goodness of their heart.dont know who this is, but YUMMM

This person does not exist. I could surely get LiL'r NI to do it, but he is 10 yrs old and the instructions require lots of pouring and planning and details and I just would not want to put him in a situation where he would be required to go above and beyond his skill level.

Self feed would be fine, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a lap race if I got to carry a bunch of crap. The point is to race ultra light not self supported.

So although I crave and I have desires, like everything else in my life, I cannot have exactly what I crave and want, this may very well be another thing that I have to just leave in Fantasy land and just move on without it.

Would be fun, but if it cant get done, then it wont get done.

ON a side note, I went ahead and did it. Started a blog with all my retarded poems. Will I tell you where it is, will I help you find it, its boring and stupid anyhow, but poetry and rhyme was always one of my favorite stress relievers and energy expenders.

Well see if I make it out there, right now, it looks like its partly cloudy with a chance of Not happening.

Maybe someone needs a third team mate?

Take Care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: