Monday, March 29, 2010

WeeKeNd UpDaTe!

Well, I did my duties this weekend and fulfilled my obligations as the Best Man at my best friends wedding.

Friday night, was a kick ass dinner at Seito Sushi. Sake Fueled Fantasies was what I was having by the nights end. Great food, great conversation.

Saturday, I got up early and went and did the 8.5 mile Canoe Run. I don't know how I became a canoe expert, but I am totally an expert, I can maneuver that canoe like a pro, and spent just a beautiful day on the river enjoying every minute of the experience. When we got to the end, it was like Wannabe South Beach at the Wekiva Marina. 3 rounds of Cold drafts later and we got on that bus taking a sweet trip back to the cars.

Saturday evening, we went to dinner at a place called Samba room. I was not impressed, food was overpriced and not that great.

Sunday day, I relaxed, enjoyed the day and prepared my best man speech. Drove into the day a stormy mess, but the wedding went down without a hitch and it was nothing but beauty and poetry. I cried pretty good as the entire evening was an emotional moment for me. Even the Speech was tough to get out, but everyone was impressed and appreciated the things I said and how I said them.

I was getting eye balled hard from across the room and feared I may have had to beat off some Cougars with a stick, thankfully it never came to that.

Saturday on my way to Canoe, I was Wearing My Catch 22 T shirt, when Starbucks kid started asking me if I rode. He says, " I been riding fixed gear for 3 years". To which I responded, "I ride Fixed Gear too, mostly off road though,". We chatted back and forth about our fixie prowess, told me there was an all fixie ride they do late on Monday nights, I may have to show up and kick some local Fixed gear ass, show these boys how to ride one fixed cog! I was tempted to tell him I was the Cross Florida Fixed Gear Record Holder, but, I didn't want to rub it all up in his face and he would not know what that meant anyhow. He said he rode 32 x 16? On the road, are you kidding? He must be spinning his ass off.

LOL.

My Knee is fine, and so is my Biceps Femorris. So the plan now is to do about 8 20 mile rides to build that muscle up so that my leg doesn't experience that pain come renegade run. I also, have ordered a millimeter measuring tape to check all the heights on the bikes and plan to go see my Wobble Naught Fit Guy Matt Goforth on Friday to get everything checked. I don't want nothing slowing me down, especially when I feel myself getting stronger and progressing.

So that's the weekend update, great time, glad its over, sorry I missed the trip to Pisgah, but there will be many trips, my Friend should never ever get married again.

Take Care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: