Monday, March 15, 2010

NeW HoPe

It's weird. But after Friday night and eve's exploits I woke up feeling like a new Man on Saturday.

Fitting indeed as I prepared to go ride with friends at Croom. Made my way out there. I really enjoy riding with Luis and Mike, like most the people I ride with, they serve as great educators, motivators and inspiration distributors.
And that is the point of good friends, if the people you have in your life are not contributing to your advancement as a being in this universe, then why have them. If a friend does nothing but bring you down and drag you down, then why have them. Those are not friends, but more like obstacles and annoyances.
The trail was beautiful, and to match my new hope and new beginning, I was in a playful mood. It's like what I see every morning, as I drive to work and battle the Eye Four Peleton, I see kids commuting to school, and playfully racing each other, jostling for position.

I was in the same mood as I tease fully attempted to out climb or out sprint my friends. Playful, cause I chose to ride with people who are stronger, and at the drop of a hat they could lay down discipline similar to a Parent scolding a child for touching the hot boiling pan on the stove.

I was feeling so good and strong, I guess that's what an off the couch dirty century and half will do for your legs, and I was coming into a corner, I could see there was a tree on the apex. As I scanned thru the rest of the corner, there was another tree where in the line position I felt was optimal for that corner. As I made a decision, and entered the corner in the appropriate spot, all this forethought didn't add the X factor of a root at pedal level that I struck going at an extremely fast speed and ended up twisted up in my bike, all a ball of dust, leaves and mechanical convolution.

I got up, inspected the bike and checked all my pockets, and I got back on. Seemed like we were making quick pace and the weather was perfect, when on a climb I heard a god awful creak, and looked down and noticed that the pedal I had smashed at speed, was coming apart from my pedal body. I was done, and it was time to calculate an exit strategy.

The ride out was nice and the bike did not leave me stranded. Which was great. Lately everything has been sunshine and beauty in my universe. I definitely felt a shift after Friday night and it feels good. Things are good, and things are better.

Amazing is one word to describe it.
This week, pedal, pedal, next weekend, MORE FUN!

Take Care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

3 comments:

paintboy said...

Sorry I missed you saturday..

Karlos said...

WORD! was gonna leave a note, but I could not find my note pads, LMAO!

paintboy said...

You probably used them to dry your shoes out...