Tuesday, March 09, 2010

TaO of ShReD

Do you Shred like me?

I pondered this as I rode this Sunday with the Mucaro.

Sure I love to ride long distances. Sure I love to go fast. BUT, that's not what its all about to me.
Am I a free rider?
I'm always looking for that Mogul to pump some air off. That drop to Wheelie off of. That bank to get a near vertical wall ride on.

To me, riding singletrack is just as much about artistic carving and free riding and obtuse line taking and pure flow as it is about traveling far and going fast.
I love an obtuse line, a treacherous jump off or over a log, a fast pump, near vertical drops, Pucker ass pucker. High speed descents and LONG climbs.
There is Shred in the Climb. I love to see how long and fast I can go standing and climbing before the legs and the lungs make a concerted agreement to talk me out of the speed I am doing.
Rope the dope. Chase the bunny.
What does Shred mean to you? Does it mean to you the same as it does to me? Do you crave to ride beyond the fringe, do you ride to destroy yourself, do you ride till you puke? Do you seek the speed, do you say to yourself, no brakes thru this section, brakes only slow you down?

Tell me about your Shred, Is the same way as mines?

Tell me.....

Take Care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I wish there were more comments here. "Is your shred the same as mines?" is a great question.

My shred isn't a shred. My ride is a glide. It is endless movement, harmony with nature. Its a dive into the woods, immersion in strength, grace, and nature. When the tunes and terrain match, there's dancing.