Friday, June 11, 2010

MeeSaLaYKneeOuS

The title of this post is ODD indeed cause that's whats UP right now, I got a bunch of miscellaneous things to share and I figure a good verbal dump post is perfect at this moment.

So this morning I logged another 31 miles to work. NICE, felt great to be out there, felt so fast and so strong, the dead legs are gone.

I LOVE my Fred Bars. BUT, I tried them on the War Machine. USELESS. Tried them on the Road bike; makes the cock pit too crammed. But on the Black Beauty, Aka the Mamasita, PERFECT. The Fred bars are Ideal. They are designed as an Aero bar adapter that fits on the stem cap replacing spacers instead. Makes it so you get a better more comfortable Aero Postion on an MTB for super long off road epics. I have also used them for extra handlebar real estate so unintentionally they serve more than one purpose. On the Mamasita it puts me in such a good comfortable position that I can sit in for hours and simply hammer away comfortably due to the Aero advantage. You don't believe it works, just ask the people who have rode with me when I am on the Freddies, I literally keep the same cadence yet pull away. So the Freddies get my thumbs up for sure for super ULTRA off road touring epics. Contact Brendan, Owner operator of Siren Cycles for details.

I didn't talk about Treadlight's Farewell ride. So I will now.

Anyone who doesn't know who Treadlight is can maybe remember him from when him and I did the Day before Horrible Hundred Post and from the 4 riders of the Apokarip post where he came along to bikepack through the Ocala National Forest when it was FREEZING COLD. Treadlight is an all around good guy and he moved back up north somewhere where you can ride real mountains instead of the trail riding we do here. He organized a farewell ride at Croom.

Lot's of people came, I was impressed, everyone brought food to share it was a big group. I was on my Fixie War Machine, fixed all the issues from the weekend before and I was really tearing it up. I lost contact with the group for a second or two, then after hammering and feeling lost I finally found them waiting patiently. I was worried about John the Unicycle rider but I was assured he was fine and we rolled out. I noticed right away that Treadlight had lost the ability to handle the Florida heat, so after stopping to wait again I let the main group go and hung back with SandPine who was hanging back with Treadlight. I figured, I am here not so much to hammer, but to hang with Tread, its his farewell ride after all.

And we rode, and I was having a blast, I just love to ride that bike, and then we came across Jerry and now there were four. Eventually, at some point, Sandpine said he thought he saw the front group, I was feeling Froggy so I chased, and chased, till I bonked, then when I bonked, I caught sight of them again, so I chased and chased, till I got lost. I felt lost, but Jerry assured me we were on track, so we kept going and then my chain exploded. I went to quick link it and it was like 4 links too short, WTF, I lost a length of chain, damn, I need to ease off. I was once again, walking.

Thank goodness for GPS, as soon as I saw the Road, I bushwacked too it. I hiked pretty quick and was able to Skate the downhills, once on the road I honestly could not figure out which way to walk so I trusted my intuition and stepped. Eventually Jonesy found me and gave me a ride back to the lot, but not after completing a good day with 20 miles of traveling, not bad.

This week has been kind of rough. Middle of the week proved to be kind of a downer as I was having troubles at home, and then the ride home on Wednesday just killed me. But Thursday evening I met a friend for Coffee and I was just restored. This mornings commute was the icing on the cake, really looking forward to the weekend and the miles.

So, whats the plan for the weekend. WELL, I will be hitting Santos tomorrow for an Epic Plus. If I ride the Fixie I have to bring two bikes because I want to get it measured for a Frame bag after I am done and before I meet up with my Friend Magii, were scheduled to go skate a mini ramp later that afternoon. Or I can just ride the Black and make it an all Black weekend. SO, I guess I will decide tonight.

Sunday I plan on taking the Naked Indian Trail in to Lake Helen, crossing over to Deland, taking 44 into Cassia and then crossing Seminole Forest into Sanford and then crossing over the lake and jumping back on the Naked Indian trail back to home for another 5 hours plus of riding. So lots to do this weekend, feeling pretty good about it all.

Lots on my mind. A friend on Wednesday, let me borrow a book on Love, and then my friend last night gave me another book about Love. So that will make two books bout Love that I have to read about, I wonder what the Universe is trying to tell me????

OK folks, Go out and shred it up this weekend, Holler if you wanna join the rides, I promise they will HURT!

Take care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: