Thursday, June 10, 2010

ReCoVeR

Quickly let's do the Mileage math from May29Th till today.

225 or so GPS miles on the Huracan.
20 or so Miles at Croom on June 5th.
42 miles yesterday Riding home from work.
287 miles in the past 11 days.
Ok no Wonder my legs felt like radiating bricks when I got home from my Headwind crosswind battle.

Let's rewind to a couple of days Before the Huracan I got a package in the mail, it was addressed to the Singletrack Samurai and it was a jar of this:
I read the ingredients list and was impressed by the contents. That Tuesday after the Huracan, when my legs were smoked and my ass and nuts were severely chapped, I followed the instructions for a therapeutic bathtub soak. What I first noticed was the aroma of perpemint that filled the air. As I sat in the tub I could feel my skin tingling all over, and when I was done, my muscles not only felt considerably better, but all the soreness was gone and the chapness on my bits and pieces was relieved.

I actually felt fantastic. So after my grueling commute home yesterday, I went and did the same thing again. Goodness, this product simply does what it says it does and works. For a couple of years now I have understood the need for recovery better than ever. In fact that is when I actually started getting faster, when I rested more. But at this point, as I ramp up for back to back Hundred milers and serious mountain climbing I need products that can help me recover as I continue to repair. This Muscle Soak Did the trick last night. I'm almost bummed that I will run out cause I see many more soaks in my future. For$12.99 and I will definitely order some more I have a feeling I will need it.

Today I got up, and Drove to work, I have a specific workout tonight and I didn't feel like pushing this morning, so I will go home, unchain the Mamasita and take her out to do my work out into the evening. Then Friday, ride into work, then Saturday 50 miles at Santos on the Fixed Gear, and then Sunday 60 to 80 miles on the Mamasita as I do a little dirt road combo with the Fred bars on my bike. I really need more Brooks saddles, I am selling some items, an Ergon BD2 a Chris King headset, sleeping bag, etc. If you need some stuff like this contact me as I need to make funds to buy more saddles that my ass likes. I seriously need to put a different saddle on the Surly or I cant see me riding it too much no matter how fast it is.

Take care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: