Friday, June 18, 2010

SO ReN Derrr...

Haha, life's funny.

This morning, I woke up at 4am, couldn't fall back asleep. So I got ready early to pedal to work. On my way to work, I decided I would keep things in the middle and keep things simple. It was God blessingly early as I left. But the legs were ticking like the proverbial clock and I was noticing that the tempo was keeping me moving at a swift pace, but it was comfortable. I felt as If a passenger in my body on my bike, barely noticing the effort that was going on around me.
I made my way Through Sanford, Into Lake Mary, I look at the clock, and notice that it was 630am. I wondered if I could make Starbucks almost 8 miles away by 650am. I then got obsessed about trying to figure out how fast I would have to go, but then let that thought go. 8 miles 20 minutes? Hmm I'm not a mathemagician but that's like 60 miles an hour. I knew the math was wrong. I got up by Panera checked the clock it was 637. I made the resolve that I wanted to see if I could make it. I put my head down and let the pedals turn, still keeping an even cadence, still not anywhere near max effort.
Pass the marker telling me I have 2.7 miles left, look at the time its 647am, almost 3 miles in 3 minutes, NO EfFIN way. SO after keeping it in the middle ring, I click it up into the big ring, and get into the most tucked position I could muster and launch the most serious effort of the day. Made Starbucks by 653am. So 2.7 miles in 6 minutes, Not bad I guess..
After I got my Drink and My sandwich I soft pedaled to work, I had about 8 miles left and about 30 minutes to do it in, that math was easy. I settled back in to my easy pace, once again a passenger in my body.

Sometimes, in order to conquer, we must first learn and see and experience the power in Surrendering.

That was the lesson I learned today.

Take Care,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: