Monday, October 19, 2009

AwArEnESS

I did my fixie trial with hopes of not only challenging myself, not only increasing my suffering, but with the hopes of raising some funds to donate to a good Breast Cancer foundation.

Ya, $45 bucks is all I raised. Not gonna complain, not gonna start razzing people and expressing how Lame I think you all are for not donating, I mean even just a dollar, but that's fine. I guess cancer is something you don't really think about till it hits close to home, I'm guilty of the same thing I reckon, so No stone throwing on my part.

Then the W.P. brought up a good point. Lot's of people read my blog, and that I should spread some info about overall health awareness, Cancer, the causes the ways to prevent it, that maybe some people don't know about.

For example, did you know that all diseases start at the Cell level, and that insulin levels play a huge role in that. Consuming excess grains and sugars can be linked to a number of diseases not just Cancer. Lot's of people think my no grain diet philosophy is about being lean, Nah, not at all, its about being healthy.

Here are a couple of links I recommend you take the time to read, if one person, reads this, learns and is able to gain something from it, then I have at least accomplished something considering my lousy donation totals.

Before you get that Mammogram..

Cancer advances that make cancer worst...

Mammography not the best cancer screening...


How to do a proper self breast check....

If you don't want to subscribe to Dr. Mercola's site, which I strongly recommend as he is on track about good health and nutrition, you can put in my email nakedindian99 at aol dot com. Folks, its a vicious cycle, In the country we live in, the focus is not on preventing or curing illnesses they are focused on treating and prolonging illnesses, ever see the movie Sicko. Made me sick to see how good people have it in other countries and we sit here and act like its impossible to have a good successful government run healthcare program. Its simple for me to put two and two together. Pharmacies and healthcare is a business, and as long as they keep you sick, and they keep you medicated, they continue to profit. Its no wonder when you want to eat something on the quick, all you can find is food laden with refined grains and sugar. I can clearly see what's going on, if you don't want to do it for you, then do it for your kids, feed them better then you feed yourself for goodness sakes!

I recommend studying the Primal Blueprint I recommend subscribing to Dr. Mercola. At the very least, read it, with an open mind. Nearly all the health conditions, from Obesity to High Cholesterol and diabetes and cancer have a link to excess grain and sugar consumption. Do something about it, at least minimize it, help yourself. Lot's of you think being FAT is part of getting older, not true. You are what you eat and if you eat lots of dough, guess what you will be. Can you pinch an inch?

Ok, off my high horse. Since I cant donate Lot's of money, then I will donate some food for thought to help you and your family reach an even better level of health. Spend that money at the grocery store purchasing Organic vegetables, fruits and meat products(if your a meat eater). Instead of spending it on medications that will not ever cure you or help you get better and only prolong your illness.

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

4 comments:

paintboy said...

LOs
That's totally the way that I'm have been going.It all started with Organic milk it just tasted so good. like milk did when i was a kid. now that's all I buy at the store its much more expensive but how much is a trip to the hospital. Cancer is in all of us we just have to keep at bay with nutrition and exercise.That why I always say keep riding or die..

FACTOReTRANSFORMZ said...

I am going to try and keep up with skinny fleet footed Rob in the Breast Cancer run this weekend - I am not sure what our teams total money raised is yet. Somewhere in the thousands I think. It is good you are looking out for the cause.

good job in the CFITT btw - I drove through the ONF with Lacey yesterday on way back from St Augustine (we had our 2 year together celebration) she wasn't fond of the "look out for bears" signs and I got plenty of "you don't ride where bears are do you?" stuff...lol

FACTOReTRANSFORMZ said...

Wow

Robs peeps were on it - I just checked final tally

$3,385.00 raised for TEAM ROBERTS!!

Warrior Princess said...

Not only is nutrition and exercise essential to a healthy body but we also have to be aware that our emotions are a huge factor in disease. If we have a stagnant or negative energy field within and around us, we dont get the natural energy flow that our bodys and spirits need to be healthy.

Be positive fellow beings and focus on what you want. No matter what reality you currently have, appreciate all that you are blessed with.