Wednesday, October 07, 2009

CoUnTdoWn to ShrEdAgeDDoN PaRt 2

I cant believe the day is growing nearer by the minute.

I am as ready as I will ever be and have spent the week just resting and relaxing. Its gonna be one hell of an effort for all the competitors and I will have an extra special effort with a cherry on top doing it fixie.

I am really looking forward to getting out there and hitting the course and the woods and seeing the sights and the sounds.

I have spent the day thinking about food and doing Careful Calorie math. I want to make sure I don't have to have any hungry moments or experience any bonking moments. I am pretty sure that with patient planning I will be all good for the entire route.

I have spoken to a couple of the racers and I admire what some of these individuals are doing, they are stepping up and having faith and just going for it. They are going big and not giving themselves the option of going home without being successful.

Its a wonderful thing to see truthfully and I am excited about seeing everyone Saturday morning, loaded up and ready to roll. Come 6am I will tell everyone to beat it and we will be off on our race. I can most certainly guarantee that I will be rolling out Nice and easy. Although physically I will have stress from the effort, Mentally, I have to only concern myself with reaching the finish line. There are no other Fixie riders stepping up, so the Fixie record is mines for the taking, and I am amazingly relaxed knowing this information. Even though I am using the "excuse bike" as some have called it, I am feeling strong and confident and I see myself with a top three finish even on a one cog fixed gear bicycle. So yes, although I will be touring, I will be speed touring and I have a careful plan laid out and I plan to be diligent with my effort.

God Speed, to all the competitors, as I don't see any more blog post on the horizon till I start broadcasting live via Mobile updates.

You will be able to track my progress on the tracking page and you will be able to see my checkpoint pics and videos here, should be some pretty exciting stuff.

enjoy folks as I prepare to embark on my biggest challenge and adventure to date!!!

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

1 comment:

paintboy said...

It's going to be a blast can't what I'm just going to take 10 mile goals at a time it's going to be hot out there. and I'm going to pace myself.. Let the games begin : )