Wednesday, October 28, 2009

ToPoFuSiOn

What inspires you? Feel Free to comment and tell me.

For about a Year now I have really gotten deep into the bug of Mapping and trail finding and route finding. As you can see I have been pretty successful at it, 177 mile course did not map or discover itself, it was a combination of efforts indeed, and that sure helped speed up the process.

Currently, we have 75% of a monstrous route mapped out. I would say 100% but I am looking for a way to remove some pavement off the route and add more dirt.

Which brings me to the Topofusion software and how freaking awesome it is. I was looking at two separate parks in my area. Searching for the dirty route across, with that Topofusion software I was able to see that at some point they were bridged together either by an no longer used or non existent bridge across the river. When we go to map I will attempt to get across and bridge the two. If successful and if it seems feasible to do in a competitive environment, then I will add it to the route, if not, then I will leave the original route. The original route has about 7 miles or so of road and 10 miles of bike path, which could be substituted by 10 miles of dirty kinky goodness.

Once I make the connection the next logical step is to go out and ride it all in one giant Loop. SO, I am looking for anyone who would be interested in a 2.5 day tour. The tour would start and end at Croom. We would start on a Friday around 4pm and end on a Sunday afternoon or evening. It would be a camping out tour and the weather should not be hot at all. I am looking at the first weekend of December, but I am open to reschedule if it means I don't have to do it alone.

If your interested, Post a comment and we will be in touch. Again its a tour, fun and good times, the information recovered from this tour will be used to put the final touches on another Unique Singletrack Samurai production.

Let me know,

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

1 comment:

Rob Roberts said...

topo fusion rocks out loud.

i wish my schedule would allow for this tour. not in the cards.