Thursday, October 01, 2009

CoUnTdoWn to ShrEdAgeDDoN

I made the final tweaks to the War machine and It is ready for battle.

My last rides will be 2 hour road rides just to practice my ridiculous spin since I will be doing the CFiTT Fixie.

Secretly I have made a prediction of the DNF rate for the race, but I will not verbalize it, I want everyone to finish.

You have as long as you need, you got plenty of places to rest and nap and heck you could even grab a hotel in Ocala if you wanted to be fancy.

At the very least Speed tour it, dont race it, just ride it at your leisure, enjoy the vast nature and the sites and that feeling of being completely alone in the middle of nowhere, looking off into the distance and seeing nothing for miles and miles.

Exhibit A. The top tube has bar tape on it. Why? Well, thats the spot I grab when I got to lift the bike over logs and such. AND, thats the spot I kneel on when I am flying down a smooth downhill or road downhill and I want to let the cranks spin freely, my own private version of coasting.

Exhibit B. The aero bars, give me another hand position, I wrapped them all the way down cause I really cant comfortably tuck all the way to the tip, but I can get tucked lower down and it does increase my speed a little even on a single speed fixie.

The kit is refined, and, the nutritional plan is SET. I wanted to get some hammer nutrition gels but I am so deliciously out of money that I will just have to go with my back up food source which I will gladly disclose at a later date, after the race on the post write up.

This will be the first race ever, in my entire 10 years of riding, that I will actually be able to physicially be on an even playing field.

Some of you remember a year ago I had surgery to fix an internal problem in which I was slowly bleeding to death. That problem had my blood count ridiculously low especially the oxygen carrying blood cells, which means, I would do races and my muscles were not getting oxygen like they should have been. I saw the doc today, and after a year of taking Iron supplements and after a year of being repaired surgically, my levels are now NORMAL across the Board. I am so happy. At the same time, it makes me wonder damn, it took almost a year for me to repair years of disrepair, but it happened.

Mentally, Im solid. I have only one vision and that is completion. I have a goal, but Im not married to it, if I do it within goal time great, if not, that's fine too.
Physically, I feel I am in the best shape I could be with the preparation time I have had. I feel strong and fit, and I feel ready.
Physiologically, the Doctor tells me my numbers are perfect across the board, everything from heart rate to bloodwork is all gold stars and all systems go.
The bike is ready, the kit is ready, I am READY! The GPS is loaded and the tracks have been tested, all systems are go. A couple more tempo rides and another weeks worth of Yoga, and then the Fixed gear party wagon will roll!

Im really looking forward to meeting and seeing the competitors, as well as seeing the after effects as I get to go home and watch the race on the tracking site after the fact and look at the splits and see how everyone did.

I EXPECT, to beat some coasties on my fixie. I EXPECT to finish in the top three even on my fixed gear bike. BUT, as long as I finish I will be the possesor of the Fixie Xross Florida Record! I am psyched about that. I may as well, go out and do an Individual time trial later to see if I can beat the Gearey record.. Let's see who snags that? I cant wait! It may not even be the fastest or the strongest person, it may be the one who just persevered long enough to finish.

EXCITING!

Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: