Wednesday, January 14, 2009

ThE YeAr In ReVieW NaKeD StYLe!

2008 was good in terms of making advancements for myself and my skills.
The best upgrade I made in 08 was going Primal and changing my nutritional strategies.
Completely changed my life.
It started with a Flat as 50 at the WT.
It continued with a cold and misreable Ididaride.
Which led to the Tour De Felasco.
Which I planned to wrap up the Quadruple Fitty at Croom, but I got my ass kicked instead.
Had a horrible ride, didnt know what was up, but I found out later, much later.
I then had what I felt was a good performance at the 12 hour of Santos.
Got my Butt kicked at the Tour de Gainesville.
Did the First NK ride, and had a modest turnout.
Went to the Cohutta 100 my first Dirty Hundie attempt and got my ass brutalized.
Did the Grueler at Santos and gave it the name it has today.
Did lots of exploring and riding with the wife.
Then I had surgery to fix a serious life threatening problem and I was laid up for a couple of months.
Came back and after 4 rides, I raced the 8 hours of Labor.
Did the Catch 22, thanks Robert B.
Went back to Pisgah and showed Mucaro that I could climb.
Then went back two weeks later and became one of the first people in history to race the Double Dare without ever qualifying for it.
Then in November I gave to a fellow cyclist,
And Started doing Tours with the wife.
Then In December, as if I had not done enough, I became the first documented individual to traverse the Ocala National Forest via forest roads on a bicycle. Which turned out to be a whole video bloggin foray and a lil taste of the NK ride reality.
Finished the year with miles and fun times with the wife and planning and marking the NK ride, which was the first thing I did in 2009.

I was pretty busy!
Looking forward to more as I grow and develop and bloom into a beautiful but dangerous flower.

Enjoy,
Laters,
LOS

No comments: