Tuesday, April 07, 2009

ThE MoTheRFroKin SaGa CoNtInUEs

The first Bikepacking tour I did with a group, Mucaro felt my set up and told me it was too heavy. I kinda shrugged it off. But after a couple of more runs, maybe it is too heavy for a multi day uphill trip.

So I had a chance to get an even Lighter Henessey Hammock and spend only the same amount of money I initially invested by selling my Henessey Expedition. So I did and all is good in the world, the weight difference from the one I had to the one I bought is Noticeable.

Now the sleeping bag I have is not portly but it barely fits in my handlebar bag. So I started shopping around for something that packed smaller and lighter and I found it. Found the Deuter 500 which packs to an advertised 4.75 in x 9.75 in which is a big difference in comparison to the 7 x 14 my other bag packed to. So now two problems solved but what to do with the extra gear.

Well I tell you what I did. I ordered a rear rack, and some cargo nets(which after the Hobo Cross tour I wanted) and I now have a camping hammock and a small packing sleeping bag set up for the Bird. So what does this translate too boys and girls. This means the weekend of April 17, 18 and 19 the bird and I are going to take our first Bike packing trip.

Its looking like 25 to 30 miles on day one. 25 to 30 on day 2 and 50 or so on day 3. Dinner in Heathrow and camping on day one. Trail side eating and spring swimming and camping on Day 2 and a well deserved big meal in De land Florida on our way home on day 3. Cant wait!

Got to love it when a plan comes together. I also received my Epic Ride Research Mountain Feedbag, I plan to give it a thorough testing this Saturday on my Secret Epic Ride and I will give a full review the following day.

That's it for now.

Laters,


LOS

4 comments:

warrior princess said...

Can't wait Daddy'O! Plenty of fantasies are going to be fulfilled that weekend!!

paintboy said...

New rig sounds sweet shoot some pic`s out. I also found a nice and small pack sized sleeping bag for my gearing up its a Big Agnes 30 packs up 6X7 have not received yet so well see actual pack size when it get here.. Good luck on your upcoming trip..

paintboy said...

don`t forget your penny stove ( google it)and some everclear for fuel or medicinal purpose`s the stove is weightless and small & burns hot for 9mins on 1 and a half ozs. Just a thought plus there fun to make and there free..

Karlos said...

o i already got one. not exactly penny but similar design. i will take some pics next trip.