Saturday, April 25, 2009

This is our camp set up inside the shelter thats not too far of the forest rd in the Seminole Forest. Great night, fire was perfect and the stars were very purrty. Somewhere early in the A.M. temps got pretty chilly and the Bird had to rise to layer up. I could hear her teeth chattering. For some reason I sleep alot deeper when I bike pack alone. When i go with someone else i tend to shift into high alert and spend my time that I should be resting in guard mode. Nevertheless I still feel pretty rested as i sit next to the fire ring absorbing some direct sunlight and listen to all the birds off in the distance. Last night was OwLLapalooza; I have never in my life heard so many owls symphonically vocalizing at the same time Amazing trip thus far. We got two miles before Paisley where we plan to eat at LuLu's in town. Should be a fun morning...

Laters,

LOS

No comments: