Friday, April 03, 2009

RiDe ThE BLaCk HoRsE

I was joking with my wife, that I should attend an AA meeting.

"Any first timers here today..."

Man with ridiculous long pony tail raises his hand...

"Sir Please stand up and tell us your name and your Addiction"....


"ok.....My Name is Karlos and I am an Espressoaholic".....

And then the room would erupt with groans and moans and one man would probably stand up yell at me and tell me I am not an addict and run me out of the room.

As of today I have been off the Coffee and Espresso for 5 days.
The habit got out of hand. Sometimes One maybe two cups a day. To most of you this is not a big deal, but to me, I don't like to be addicted to any substance.

I decided this week it had to go, it was time to get control of my life.

Its weird what happens when you quit, every morning you awake feeling exhausted. And when you wake up feeling exhausted your natural reaction is to think, I will just grab a cup of espresso on the way to work and bam, I will be wide awake. That's the evil trick the addiction was playing with me.

But I shook it, I shook it off and now I am addiction free. But that first part of the week was rough.

Glad I'm over it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna totally quit drinking the Latte's and the Coffee's. Instead I plan to use it as a performance enhancer and only drink it during a cycling related activity for the caffeine boost.

Till then, its just a nice big glass of Ice Water for me. The only liquid I drink.

Laters,
LOS

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn, giving up my coffee is almost as bad as giving up my beer. Good for you!

Treadlight said...

Funny I quit drinking coffee for couple of months but got started this week downing 4 cups a day. All those days I had restless nights now I try to stop but feeling so tired and sleepy. Must fight temptation.
The arabs been drinking tea while the european were drinking beers in the middle ages. The arabs invented algebra with drinking tea while europe was plague with problems.

I am trying tea instead of coffee maybe I will come up with the solution how to travel by lightyears speed. lol