Thursday, July 16, 2009

20 In 20 OuT

So, since the Walkabout I hadnt touched the bike. By touched I mean ridden, I been wrenching alot lately all part of project keep my brain busy. I decided to put some skinny road tires on my Salsa Mamasita 29er and ride home from work.

I am an Instructor for a company and I teach all day long. I sent my students out in the field for a task expecting them to return by midday only to have them return with 1.5 hours of class time left, so I sent them home, packed up, left work early into the sun on my bike.

You got to love a 29er and the verstatility it offers when it comes to tinkering, I absolutely love to tinker with my bikes and this wheel size I believe gives you the most option. Road tires on an MTB is FAST, LOL.

I will be the first to admit, at times, I eat emotionally. I decided on the way home I would stop and get a couple of slices of New York style pizza. So I stop in, buy some slices, wait for them to come out, eat them up and then continue on my way home. I could see dark clouds looming over my shoulder and all that balled up food in my stomach made it hard for me to stand and crank without feeling a lil ill.

Regardless, I made it home in good time, before any storms caught me. I got changed and decided to take a nap, since for the past three nights I have been waking up at 3am and have tossed and turned till my alarm went off.

Took a nap, cooked dinner, watched wipe out and japanese game show with my skinny boy, then after watching the last hour of the tour I went to bed.

Got up at 430am to ride back into work today. The ride in, felt like TRAINING, LOL. AS I was hammering and hammering the whole way to make sure I made it to work on time by 630 am. It was hard though cause at that time in the morning there is no time to eat so I had to ride them 20 miles on an empty stomach. When I would exceed my effort limits I could feel the hunger pangs in my stomach demand that I back down, it was amusing.

A nice good ride, 40 miles in a lil over 2 hours of total ride time, not bad for a Wenesday to a Thursday.

I may ride home tonight, Im still tossing it around, but definetely a great way to end and start the day...


Laters,

The NaKeD InDiaN

1 comment:

FACTOReTRANSFORMZ said...

love riding too and from work - it makes me de stress alot