Monday, July 27, 2009

Important CFITT UPDATE

Prospective CFiTT Competitors:

I have some good news.

We are removing the time restrictions for the race. In fact, as long as it takes you is a long as it takes.

Scoring is going to be worked out, but rest assured you will need a camera and a cell phone to be able to compete and get scored.

The bad news is that we mapped out the first 100 miles yesterday and it was Challenging. In fact, I expect in the first 15 miles someone to drop out and then the next 85 miles someone will drop out. And then by the time you reach Santos, everyone is gonna wanna stop. I see only the most elite athletes in the world being able to continue after you ride all the stuff we ride in the ONF. Its a tough course and I have some serious warnings that you need to consider. IF you think I am trying to scare you off, your right I am.

What I dont want is people to have any false hope or pretenses. This is truly a dirty event, as dirty as any of the Hundies that you find around the nation. The accumulated climbing from day one will have many competitors camping early. Its going to be a ball buster and every bit harder than you imagined it would be. It presents and requires you to have a combination of skills that some of you may simply not posses. I recommend you have a good escape route planned as this is a self supported race bound by the honor code and if you DNF you may want to have a friend on stand by to come retrieve you.

I want only the people who feel that they are up too and want this challenge to participate in this race. If you are questioning your abilities, I encourage you to stay home. There is no fee for this time trial, I am not profiting from it financially, so I have no problem telling people stay home, this is probably too hard for you.

DO NOT RIDE A CROSS BIKE AND JOIN THIS EVENT FULLY PREPARED FOR ANYTHING.

That is all,

thanks,

The NaKeD InDiaN

No comments: