Monday, March 02, 2009

HeAvEN & HeLL: My MoSt ReCeNt BiKePacKinG VoYaGE!

Classic Self portrait shot of the Nude Indigenous, Aka The Naked Indian, Aka K-Roc the Destroyer.

Im doing this write up different..
Top ten things that did not work this weekend:
1. New shoes, just dont work, got them fit, make my knees hurt, gonna sell them to try and recoup my cash, they are practically brand new
2. Good food is too heavy, putting that much weight on my back just wore me out.
3. I need to not get so excited and follow my own cue sheets, instead, in the process of trying to have an all dirt path to paisley, I failed miserably, all my fault, and had to ride the road almost all the way there.
4. I break the mold as a fixie rider and shorter crank arms are not for me. All weekend I hated the crank arm length and felt like I had zero power.
5. My thighs, calf and glutteus muscles are a result of 300 miles plus of off road fixed gear riding are smaller, and now my shorts don't fit right, which led to horrible painful saddle sores after only 4 hours on the bicycle. I need smaller shorts. Anybody need some large shorts, just holler at me.
6. My rain jacket did absolutely nothing to help me in the cold stormy conditions, I still froze my ass off, luckily the trip was short or it could have easily turned to hypothermia. I need gore tex.
7. Despite what anyone tells you, Local Town Folk suck as weather people.
8. My gear is not water proof, just water resistant.
9. Fixie touring is hard as balls, don't know if I will ever do that again, love my fixie, but touring via fixie is another story with a bunch of weight on your back and on the bike.
10. Jerky is not good during the ride food, at least not for me.

Top ten things that worked for me during the weekend:
1. I love my skull candy headphones.
2. The ONF has so much to offer, the stuff we rode was gorgeous, cant wait to go back.
3. My tiny little can stove worked great.
4. You meet lots of nice people when traveling by bike.(shout out to Bob and Doug)
5. The rangers at Silver Glenn are awesome and very helpful.
6. Salt Springs is a tiny little town and its possible everyone is related.
7. Better to pack my heaviest stuff in my rear pack than on my back.
8. Although the miles were short for the weekend, around 85, we rode more quality then any other trip.
9.Brett is Bulletproof.
10.My wife Paloma is the best wife in the world.



On the hunt to find the dirt path to paisley, it was not long after here that we should of gone right instead of left.
Big Buck Group Camp, Im camping here next time, beautiful and great well.


Choice off road venturing. This section, kicked our ass, I learned, that the Fixie is a beast in the sand. I just motored, Brett just cursed.


It poured so hard Sunday morning, I was cold and misreable, Brett looked cool as a cucumber, as always.


LOve this shot, action and motion. Got to do the Black and White thing more often.

Enjoy,
Laters,
LOS

Details of my travels and routes are intentionally left out, earn the rides, dont mooch of me...

6 comments:

Luis G. said...

Nice... I bet it was better than sitting on your butt all weekend!

EL SandPine said...

nice pics...

paintboy said...

karlos
LMAO... Mother nature can be a cruel bitch sometimes Note to self never try out new stuff on a long rides. The blk & whites are a nice touch.
See you out there this weekend
Bill

Treadlight said...

Awesome shots Los. Is this phot shot session for some fashion mags? lol

Now you have to deal with snow next time somewhere?

"everybody is related" LMFAO

Unknown said...

you should try homemade jerky... SOO much better than the crap full of preservatives that you can buy at the 711.

Karlos said...

LOL, I will eventually do home made jerky, but I dont eat anything from 7 eleven, the jerky I had was Organic, from the whole foods market, great after food, not good during. I will have some for after, but not during. And paintboy, bring the beer that you like to drink.